S-Health compatibility for non S5 phones

Demian Seidel

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
I am wondering if Samsung has released or if have mentioned a release date for the new S-Health that is going to be compatible for all other Samsung smartphones with their range of new smart watches?

Posted via Android Central App

Cyyto

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
No. The watch is designed for Samsung only phones. Non Samsung phones are excluded from their market so they won't release anything to help them

Demian Seidel

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
If you read my post you would see I said all other Samsung smartphones that have S-Health. Ie the Note 3 and S4

AlexMartin0

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Demian,

I posted a response back from Samsung regarding this in another thread but I am going to re-post it. Disappointing response to say the least.

Dear Alex Martin,

Thank you for contacting Samsung Telecommunications America.

After reviewing your Email, we understand that you are able to Sync S-Health with Gear 2 Neo using Samsung S5 and not with Note 3.

We understand your requirement.

We have checked all the available resources from our end and we are unable to speculate when/if S-Health will be Synced with Gear 2 Neo using Note 3 might be available due to the fact that this might lead to inaccurate information and confusion. Should this become available, it will be posted on our website.

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I think s health works when you get kitkat, at least that is what I am hoping. My verizon note 3 is on 4.3.. The fitness with gear app works partially, I want to see the charts where the data is actually correct, s health was good at that.

Demian Seidel

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Wow AlexMartin thanks for sharing.

Does Samsung really mean to say that the gear 2 will only ever be truly compatible with the S5?

Flip2211

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Alas kitkat makes no difference to S Health on the Note 3. I got a very similar don't know, don't care response from Samsung UK. Stuck with Fitness with Gear that frankly is garbage, most of the time showing blank pages when trying to get more detailed info from the front screen in addition to getting duplicated pedometer readings each day this week.
UK got a firmware update today that listed improved S Health (didn't say which handset) but made no difference on my Note 3.
I side loaded the S5 S Health, Health and sleep apk's which worked great (for a few hours) but couldn't get them to work with any kind of stability so uninstalled but the potential is definately there.

schultz84

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I've called Samsung 6 times and live chatted with them once. Not one time did they admit that s health simply won't work correctly with anything but the S5. It's been over a month and the Note 3 and S4 still can not be totally integrated like the S5 with S Health.

What we have here is a DIRTY marketing ploy to sell more S5s.

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Samsung is quite and do not see hope of samsung fixing issues with Gear Fit, Gear2 & Gear Neo ! WASTE OF MONEY

You are posting the same things in many threads. Since you think it's a waste of money, why don't you return it...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

schultz84

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I tried but it's been 30 days and they won't take mine back. I figured they would update the software in a month but I was wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol