media controller not working

bigdpower

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi I have the gear 2 neo and the note 3 and I cant seem to control the music from my phone wether I use the regular music app or google play music. Nothing works only to raise and lower the volume. Wont pause wont play and wont switch tracks. Help please

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, but if he was referring to the "regular music app or google play music" , kind of points to phone apps, no?
And the "Thread" is titled media controller not working :p

Wait. Are you talking about Gear apps or phone apps???

bigdpower

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Im using the media controller on the gear 2 but on my phone ive tried both players that the note 3 comes with the gegular music app from samsung and play music. On the gear 2 it shows album covers and all I can raise and lower the volume but I cant pause hit play or change tracks... its weird

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Im using the media controller on the gear 2 but on my phone ive tried both players that the note 3 comes with the gegular music app from samsung and play music. On the gear 2 it shows album covers and all I can raise and lower the volume but I cant pause hit play or change tracks... its weird

how about vol control from media controller to pandora on phone? does it work? works on mine.

will check the other (crappy) music apps in a bit and report back.

edit: media controller works to control vol of Play Music on phone (Note 2). I do NOT have album art on watch in Play Music, despite having album art on phone display.

bigdpower

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Volume control is not an issue I can switch tracks or pause or play songs using the media controller to phone I have to use the phone inorder to pause or switch tracks. Volume controls work but other controls on media controller doesnt work

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Volume control is not an issue I can switch tracks or pause or play songs using the media controller to phone I have to use the phone inorder to pause or switch tracks. Volume controls work but other controls on media controller doesnt work

ah. i misread your original post. in any event, on my watch I can pause and go forward or backwards when running Play Music on phone

What screen are u seeing album art from Play Music, on? I get album art to show when using Music Player, but not Media controller with Play Music.

bigdpower

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Ive tried restarting the watch and disconnecting and reconecting it to the phone and nothing. I even get the album art and all but cant go forward, reverse, play or pause.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
ah. I see another issue. After stopping Play Music on phone, starting up Pandora, the Media Controller still shows the title of the music last played on Play Music, instead of current song in Pandora. I can still control Pandora's vol and song skips but cant see the correct song, despite hitting "Close All" on watch. Restarted watch. same result

bigdpower

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Im using music player. on play music I dont get album art and neither players work on the media controller when it comes to switching songs or pausing

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
On my Media Controller, I see the album art(on watch) and can use all functions(on watch) to control default music app on phone. Have you tried the good ol' reset/re-pair? Sorry I can't offer much(read:any) help, as I can't duplicate your problem..

bigdpower

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
On my Media Controller, I see the album art(on watch) and can use all functions(on watch) to control default music app on phone. Have you tried the good ol' reset/re-pair? Sorry I can't offer much(read:any) help, as I can't duplicate your problem..

Im doing a factory reset as we speak on the watch will let you know what happens