Switching out the watch bands

ShaggyKids

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone tried switching out to watch bands on either the gear 2 or the gear neo 2? I prefer a metal stretchy watch band over the plastic wear leather type watch band that you have to buckle. I like to just be able to slide my watch on rather than buckling it on.

I would be looking to find a nice rose gold band to go with the gear 2. They make it look really easy to switch them but actually doing it could be a whole nother story.

I'm wondering if anyone tried this and how it works for them?

Deb from my Note 3

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone tried switching out to watch bands on either the gear 2 or the gear neo 2? I prefer a metal stretchy watch band over the plastic wear leather type watch band that you have to buckle. I like to just be able to slide my watch on rather than buckling it on.

I would be looking to find a nice rose gold band to go with the gear 2. They make it look really easy to switch them but actually doing it could be a whole nother story.

I'm wondering if anyone tried this and how it works for them?

Deb from my Note 3
Check out this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-gear-2-gear-2-neo/387028-watch-band-photo-thread.html

johnmltb33

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
I changed out my Gear 2 band with a 22mm NATO ballistic nylon band, simply because the stock band was too small. The spring pins that Samsung refers to as presto pins are easy to change as they have an extra little leg on one side to compress them. As long as you are not too short on patience or time it is easy! Whether you can slide the watch onto another band would depend entirely on the band. On mine I had to compress the pins again and fit them in a small area of the band to reattach the watch.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I changed out my Gear 2 band with a 22mm NATO ballistic nylon band, simply because the stock band was too small. The spring pins that Samsung refers to as presto pins are easy to change as they have an extra little leg on one side to compress them. As long as you are not too short on patience or time it is easy! Whether you can slide the watch onto another band would depend entirely on the band. On mine I had to compress the pins again and fit them in a small area of the band to reattach the watch.

Compressing the pins is the standard way to attach any watch band. Are you saying you reused the Samsung presto pins on your new band? If so, I guess the leg must have fit inside your NATO band. I doubt that would work on a metal band.

johnmltb33

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Compressing the pins is the standard way to attach any watch band. Are you saying you reused the Samsung presto pins on your new band? If so, I guess the leg must have fit inside your NATO band. I doubt that would work on a metal band.

Yes, that is what I'm saying. The pins will fit inside the NATO band, but there is always the option to replace them with regular spring pins. Amazon carries 22mm pins and a small tool for the job at a very reasonable cost.

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I use the regular 22mm spring bar pins and a push pin (big ones) to push the pins out....don't need a tool, her is a pic of the pin I use.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1399940196149.jpg
    1399940196149.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 43

ROBNOB9X

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
enevezem.jpg

I switched and put on this metal strap. Looks so much nicer now and was slightly fiddly but pretty simple to do.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Saccs

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Here is my watch band... It's has small traces of gold in between the inner links that I found unique.... uploadfromtaptalk1400446181716.jpguploadfromtaptalk1400446198554.jpg
5emugy2e.jpg
esejejyj.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1400446227514.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1400446227514.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members