Camera and IR lens foggy/condensation build up

tcjohnsson

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I went for a 4-mile trail run yesterday and a ton of condensation/moisture appeared INSIDE the camera and IR lens. I took a picture of it yesterday and today. The shot attached is from today. It's so bad the phone won't take pictures. It will but the shots look like the attached image; you can't see anything (that is a picture of a sunflower in decent lighting). I waited 24 hours and the condensation is just as bad as it was after the run. I live in Hawaii so it's very humid but I haven't had any problems with my phone's lens fogging up... or a GoPro I've used before in identical climates. There was no rain when I ran. I also NEVER get my watch wet except when I wash my hands and water splashes up onto my wrist area. I have never once submerged the watch. I only noticed the condensation after the run; it was never there before. Anyone else have this problem? I'm bringing it to the AT&T store to see what they say. I may end up swapping it out for a Gear Neo since the camera is the only additional feature (which is now useless on my Gear 2). 2014-05-11 10.48.31.jpg

This is a picture of a sunflower
2014-05-11 13.51.36.jpg

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Might be worth at least one warranty repair or return, it could be a damaged seal on the camera, that really should not be happening. Definitely sounds like a defect or manufacturing flaw, and grounds to return it!

Maht

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm so weary. Watch is 5 days old. Same problem. ATT refuses exchange and Samsung wants to put me through the warranty issue. This is obviously a known problem that nobody wants to talk about.
DSC_0979.jpg

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm so weary. Watch is 5 days old. Same problem. ATT refuses exchange and Samsung wants to put me through the warranty issue. This is obviously a known problem that nobody wants to talk about.
View attachment 119601

Call retention dept and let them know what a loyal cust you are and how this is not right and how UNHAPPY you are...insist they credit your account for the amount. If it doesn't work the first time, call again (this advice is assuming you are a AT&T cust).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I don't love suggesting this but given their apparent lack of interest in helping you, just straight up return it to another store without mentioning it. Yes you will lose some on the restocking fee but its better than the road you're going down otherwise.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance