How to uninstall/reinstall apps that failed to install initially.

dimakan

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Anybody knows how to do that? Some of the apps I tried to install have failed installation. Like Feedly, AppyGeek, NewsRepublic, Glympse. When I open Samsung Apps through Gear Manager these apps have buttons "View app in Gear Manager". But they are absent in "My apps" and on watch itself. Maybe I need to get into the watch and delete something manually? I mean through USB connection, not inside watch physically :)

rollandl

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Go into gear manager....hit the lines in the upper right corner...go to "purchased" and you will find them there and you can re download

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Anybody knows how to do that? Some of the apps I tried to install have failed installation. Like Feedly, AppyGeek, NewsRepublic, Glympse. When I open Samsung Apps through Gear Manager these apps have buttons "View app in Gear Manager". But they are absent in "My apps" and on watch itself. Maybe I need to get into the watch and delete something manually? I mean through USB connection, not inside watch physically :)

Did you install those apps which require your phone to have them also? For sure AppyGeek and NewsRepublic require you to install to your PHONE.

dimakan

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes, tried restarting many times.
No, I can't "re-download" from Purchased apps. It doesn't give me that option. It only lets me "View app in Gear Manager". And I can't delete them because they are grayed out in the list of purchased apps.

dimakan

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I have apps on the phone also. I can get notifications from AppyGeek and NewsRepublic on the watch, but apps themselves (I guess they are considered watch widgets) did not install on the watch. And the annoying thing is that if the phone loses connection with the watch I have a big pop-up window on the phone every couple minutes saying "Failed to install the Gear app. It will be installed when the connection is restored". And I am guessing my phone is more sluggish now because phone keeps trying to install those apps that failed to install. But I don't see any way to either remove or reinstall them.

JacksonEdwardHarrison

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Have you done a factory reset on the Gear? If not, that's what I'd do at this point. Don't use the backup and restore features, just do a clean reset. You'll have a chance to reinstall each app, even those previously purchased (for free).

Settings > Reset Gear.

dimakan

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I figured out the answer today - and was surprised it took that long. I was under assumption that all Gear apps are installed through Gear Manager - > Samsung apps because they are Tizen, not Android. But, while meddling with my regular stock Android app manager, I noticed that they are there! That's it. For example, in app manager there is "New Republic" and, separately, "News Republic for Samsung Gear". I still don't understand why but I am not a huge technophile. I uninstalled the "..for Samsung Gear" one from app manager and, sure enough, the button "View app in Gear Manager" turned into "Install". Good luck everybody!

dimakan

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Have you done a factory reset on the Gear? If not, that's what I'd do at this point. Don't use the backup and restore features, just do a clean reset. You'll have a chance to reinstall each app, even those previously purchased (for free).

Settings > Reset Gear.

No, that doesn't work for failed apps. Samsung app store still thinks they are installed. Need to uninstall via Android app manager.

mpogr

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Apps installed from Gear Manager can be of 3 different kinds:
  1. Apps that are installed only on the Gear. Those can be uninstalled from Samsung Apps invoked from Gear Manager straight away.
  2. Apps that are installed only on the phone. An example of such app is Watch Styler. Although it can add stuff to the watch (faces), it doesn't install any app on it. Such apps can be removed from the phone under "Settings->Apps".
  3. Apps that have both phone and Gear footprint. Most of the apps are like this. This means there is an app installed on the Gear, but there is also a companion mini-app installed on the phone. To uninstall those (or reinstall in case of failed installation), you need to uninstall the phone component first (again, from "Settings->Apps"). Then uninstallation of the Gear one becomes enabled in Samsung Apps.
Hope this helps.

daoneil

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
yes, mine says the same thing. today i had an update for an app and it showed and all the purchased, but after i updated there is no where to view purchased apps again

martin_coxy

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Handy advice but I'm still stuck

I see in Gear Manager that two apps are installed on the watch and therefore can't be deleted from the phone. Your advice is to go to Settings>apps on the watch but when I open settings on the watch I don't see "apps". If I go to apps, I can open the app but there's no means to delete it.

If I go to settings>display>manage apps I can move them around but no delete option.

I'm confused!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie