Tizen on Rooted Galaxy Gear

Batman8888

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
As many problems as I'm having with connecting my Gear 1 after using my Gear 2 it is obvious that there are some issues when going back and forth between Android and Tizen. Although I'm not a big fan of Tizen, I do think it will help the Gear 1 run much smoother and hopefully allow me to use only one Gear Manager afterwards.

With that said, I'm just curious if any of you know what the process will be for taking a rooted Gear 1 running Null and updating it to Tizen? I'm sure that OTA updates will be blocked due to root.

Thanks.

Batman8888

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reply J.E.H., I saw the same video early today at DroidLife. That's what made me start thinking about the update process since I'm rooted and on a different rom. Although I didn't see anything from your link that directly addressed my specific situation, I'd image that I"ll just need to re-flash the Gear's stock image and take a Tizen update OTA.

The only thing is, I'll have to search for the stock image.

...just thinking it through. ;^)

JacksonEdwardHarrison

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
[h=1][Video] Flashing Tizen onto the Original Samsung Galaxy Gear SM-V700[/h]http://www.tizenexperts.com/2014/05/firmware-update-your-original-samsung-galaxy-gear-to-tizen/

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon