Really Baffled----Please Help

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I just started looking at these threads and now I am really confused and maybe p*ssed.

So my wife and I bought the Basis B1 watches and loved the interface and goals and how that synced with our Note 3’s. The data and their daily goals were a lot of fun and actually motivating. Unfortunately both watches had issues and we exchanged them only to have more issues so we returned them and ordered the Neo’s that will be here tomorrow. Could someone help me confirm this? It just seems like this is mind boggling stupid.

• I believe that our Note’s had received an S-Health update a couple of weeks ago and it was my understanding that it was to get it compatible with the new watches.

• So now I am reading that S-Health is pretty much useless on the Note 3 with the Gear 2/Neo’s? That it is really only the S5 that you get its full functionality. This makes no sense. That would mean that they have tied down there fitness portion down to only one phone.

• Along with that, there really isn’t any other apps out there? I am using Myfitnesspal and I see that the Gear 2 is listed as an option as compatible devices. Has anyone used it?

So basically what I want is to be able to sync the watch to an application and or web page and be able to see my hourly steps, calories burnt, etc. If this isn’t available then why get the watch? I already have the original Gear.

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a Note 3 and I use the pedometer for my daily steps and the exercise app already installed on watch and it syncs to Fitness with Gear (that's another app Samsung created along with S-Health).

You can also use MapMyRun but like with any other 3rd party app it will deplete your battery a little faster. Try both ways and see which way you prefer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a Note 3 and I use the pedometer for my daily steps and the exercise app already installed on watch and it syncs to Fitness with Gear (that's another app Samsung created along with S-Health).

You can also use MapMyRun but like with any other 3rd party app it will deplete your battery a little faster.
Try both ways and see which way you prefer.

I've previously shared on the forum that MMR sucks more than 30% per hour on my watch and my wife's watch drops juice even faster. I tried the pedometer but it lacks so many features for me, I feel like I'm stuck between using an app like MMR for less than 2-1/2 hours and using one that may not suck the battery down as fast but just doesn't float my boat. darn! :)

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Is it true that the gear DOES NOT take into it's equation, age, weight , height and gender when calculating calories burned?

i think it does. it has a screen for inputting the items u mentioned. when I see the cals burned for me for the length of time of my exercise I think it's accurate (within reason of course)

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

You can also use MapMyRun but like with any other 3rd party app it will deplete your battery a little faster. Try both ways and see which way you prefer.

Was under the impressive it didn't sync with fitness with gear?