Favorite Gear 2/neo app

dusty78

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
So I have downloaded a few apps for my gear 2 (eBay, CNN, flashlight, calculator, map my run etc...) My favorite so far is the instant settings app which controls some of the drop down functions on the phone like wifi, sound, data, etc... I use it all the time to turn my ringer off. It's so simple yet helpful. What about you guys?

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 20140520_144951.jpg
    20140520_144951.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

Tarek53180

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
the app on your phone that controls those settings whats the name again and will i be able to find it on my samsung gear 2 neo with a samsung gs4

dusty78

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
for downloaded apps, I like:

1. Instant Settings
2. News Republic
3. Appy Geek
4. MapMyRun (my big gripe is it uses over 30% / hr, so not conducive to using for an extended period)

For native apps, I like WatchON Remote the best.

Does your map my run app show you your distance/data on the watch? Mine will start the phone app for a run but doesn't show me any info on the watch itself.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Does your map my run app show you your distance/data on the watch? Mine will start the phone app for a run but doesn't show me any info on the watch itself.

yes it shows me everything. Are you sure u waited long enough? it takes time for it to sync up with the phone's app.

Jens Hjorth

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I also love the "instant settings" app! However I would really like to see if they could add info for watch battery and the phone's battery info, that could be a really handy feature.
Also i would love to see a quick settings shortcut (When i go to bed with the watch on, i always disable the screen wake up function, so it can only be activated by pressing the button) Would be very cool to see a feature that worked a little bit like "Tasker".

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
You need to go into Gear Manager, then select Samsung Apps to find apps for the Gear. It doesn't show anything if you search Samsung Apps outside of the Gear Manager.

jmatteis

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I am unable to access Samsung apps through my Gear Manager. This is only since this morning when my Phone automatically installed the new update. Not sure what to do. I click on My Apps, it works, I click on settings, it works, I click Samsung apps, nothing???

Okay, found out I had disabled Samsung apps, but now that it is enabled, from gear manager, I click Samsung apps, it brings me to the regular Samsung apps app, nothing specific for the gear though, am I doing something wrong here? if I search instant settings, I find nothing either. It's like my gear manager is going to the regular Samsung app and not one that would indicate I am trying to find gear apps, same thing is happening if I go to my camera and click downloads under mode.

Last edited:

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Well, if you go by what I use on a regular basis:

1. Pedometer
2. Exercise (walking)
3. S Voice
4. Accuweather

Recent Additions:

News Republic and CNN (news junkie)

Last edited:

maggieo

Aug 3, 2011
Visit site
For native apps, I like WatchON Remote the best.
Hi there - hope you can help me. Trying to set up WatchON for my TV and AC. When in the app on the watch, only a few brands showed up. I did "something" after an hour of messing around, and this "all brands" showed up at the bottom! It was great - but it was for the TV - and I found my brand and set it up - perfect! NOW - I need to get that "all brands" option to show up under Air Conditioners, and I can't figure it out. I have no idea how I did it for the TV - but all of a sudden it appeared. Samsung was totally unable to help. Any help from you folks would be GREATLY appreciated.

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Watch Styler WOULD be my favorite if it didn't cut my battery life by a third whenever I use a watch face with it. The app I use the most is Fleksy Messenger, easy (if not a little slow) to type even with the small screen, love having that option when I don't want to talk into my watch to reply to a text.

What's the "Instant Settings" app everyone talks about? When I search for that in the Gear store "Quick Settings" comes up and that's it

catnjr

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I can't get this to work on the Gear 2. It loads on my phone, I can add a watch face, but isn't recognized on the gear manager. Any suggestions?

catnjr

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
There's another question...on the weather app (accuweather, I assume), each time I try to open the weather icon, it says to "turn on use current location on mobile device". I have done that, redone it and even rebooted both devices and continue to get that same message. How did you get yours to work?

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
There's another question...on the weather app (accuweather, I assume), each time I try to open the weather icon, it says to "turn on use current location on mobile device". I have done that, redone it and even rebooted both devices and continue to get that same message. How did you get yours to work?

Here's the steps I did to make sure I got the Weather to work. In Gear Manager, go to My Apps, scroll down to Weather and click on the gear on the right side. The, click on Use Current Location and turn it on. Make sure Show Weather Updates is checked. Also, set your Auto-Refresh for how accurate you want the weather to be. I keep it on 1 hour, but set it to what you want. That should keep your Weather on the Gear up to date and functional.

Any settings in any other weather app do not carry over to the gear. Only inside the Gear Manager.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance