Gear 2 Neo - Display Brightness Keeps Resetting to Level 1 (LOW)

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Any ideas why my Gear 2 Neo would suddenly be resetting the brightness to level 1 (lowest/dimmest level)? I change the brightness level in the settings menu to like "4", the way the watch came and worked great for the first 2 weeks, but now it will stay at 4 only for a while. If the watch sleeps for a period of time, when I turn on the display again, it's reset back to the dimmest setting (1). If I manually turn off the display when set to level 4 (or whatever brightness I prefer) when turned back on it stays at 4. Only when the display dims and sleeps by itself will the brightness level be reset to 1. What is going on? Any ideas on how to fix this?

Hielko

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I have read about this problem several times and experienced it myself, so I suppose it is a bug. Try to set the required value, then turn your device off, and then on again. Please let us know if this solves your problem.

Posted via Android Central App

anon154738

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed that when I make changes on the app it sometimes causes problems, all of which is fixed by restarting the watch.

530XI

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
I installed one app and mine started doing the same thing. I deleted the app and reset the watch and all is well. I only install one app at a time now.

Hielko

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Can you tell which app? I doubt if it is caused by a specific app, because it would imply that this app changes continuously the device brightness setting. That's not very likely.

530XI

Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
For me it was the digital watch that you can change the colors on. Not sure what it is called. You may have to experiment.

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Can you tell which app? I doubt if it is caused by a specific app, because it would imply that this app changes continuously the device brightness setting. That's not very likely.

Actually...turns out it IS very likely...it happened again and I retraced my steps and sure enough its the FLASHLIGHT APP that's causing it to malfunction! After using the flashlight app, next time you let your screen go to sleep on it's own, this "brightness reset to 1" occurs. Happens every time. Perhaps it's any app that changes display in some way, but for me, the flashlight app is definitely the culprit!

JacksonEdwardHarrison

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Actually...turns out it IS very likely...it happened again and I retraced my steps and sure enough its the FLASHLIGHT APP that's causing it to malfunction! After using the flashlight app, next time you let your screen go to sleep on it's own, this "brightness reset to 1" occurs. Happens every time. Perhaps it's any app that changes display in some way, but for me, the flashlight app is definitely the culprit!

This does not happen with my Gear 2. I am curious if it this bug is limited to the Neo? And if so, does it impact all Neo devices or just some?

Aaron Whipple

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I can confirm this issue.

I have a galaxy gear 2 neo as well. I noticed that every time my screen turned off on it's own the brightness was permanently set to one. I tried setting it to 5 and then restarting the watch and it stayed at 5 from then on. After starting the flashlight app the problem appeared again until I restarted the watch.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay