Updates to Gear 2 Neo Apps Hangup. Anyone else?

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I have a Gear 2 Neo paired with an S5. Recently, when an update to a Gear app tries to install, I receive an error stating that the device has lost its connection, etc. Samsung apps hangs while installing and requires a force quit. I cleared the caches and did restarts. Anyone else experiencing this? I thought I would ask before going through factory resetting crap.

New apps install fine, and ones requiring an update can be removed and reinstalled with their updated versions just fine.
Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

swade8

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
I have a Gear 2 Neo paired with an S5. Recently, when an update to a Gear app tries to install, I receive an error stating that the device has lost its connection, etc. Samsung apps hangs while installing and requires a force quit. I cleared the caches and did restarts. Anyone else experiencing this? I thought I would ask before going through factory resetting crap.

New apps install fine, and ones requiring an update can be removed and reinstalled with their updated versions just fine.
Posted via Android Central App

I was getting that too, till I read that you have to uninstall the app that has an update available first, then go back and get the update [which won't say update anymore] and install the"updated app". No need to reboot device or watch. Unless it's a true issue with bluetooth . At least that's what I had to do to fix my loss of connection message when I do my app updates.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

four2theizz0

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
I have the same problem. Not sure what the cause is but have had to resort to uninstalling and reinstalling. Which works but I'm guessing isn't the desired UX Samsung was going for.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692