NEW Serious problem with Samsung Gear 2 Neo battery life

Kishony

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Need help. Something is wrong with the battery life. Starting two days ago, my neo is wasting full charge to 0 in 6 hours!!
Before that it was day and a half..
I tried restart and even factory restore but nothing seems to work..

Ver. XXU0BND8

Help please!!!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

LowIQ

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
WoW! mine last 3 1/2 to 4 days and I have a ton of apps associated with it on notifications popping constantly!... something is terribly wrong! did you put a different app on phone that attributed to this battery drain?... anything new or different on phone or watch?

Kishony

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Restarted the note several time..
As for new apps, Not that I remember... I switched my mail app from the Samsung build in to 'Nine' but the battery on the note is fine as it was before.. I even tried to switch off notifications on the gear but the battery kept wasting down....

mklabove

May 6, 2010
Visit site
FWIW, I had much the same issue on my first Gear 2 (non-Neo) after about two weeks of use. Battery on the Gear would be dead by noon, when the norm before would have been around 70-80%. Tried restarting & resetting Gear & Phone (GS3) to no avail. I sent it back to Samsung, and they sent me a new one. Took about three weeks, all told, though. The upside was that while I returned only the watch, they sent me a whole new box, which means I got an extra charger out of the deal. ( I went through email support first, who told me to then call phone support. At one point, the phone support person tried to tell me the watch battery was only supposed to last 6-8 hours.) Good luck!

Keith

Kishony

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Thanks keith :-( problem is i bought the watch in US but i now out of the state for al while.. Hope that international support is available...

Kishony

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed that the 'gear manager' was updated 3 days ago. Are you guys on ##52101? Still hope it's just a software issue...

Graeme Stafford

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed that the 'gear manager' was updated 3 days ago. Are you guys on ##52101? Still hope it's just a software issue...

I just received a brand new Gear 2 Neo and it updated out of the box to 2.1.1402101. BAttery drains quickly with either Bluetooth or Wake-up gesture switched on. I'm using mine with Galaxy S3. Those who had the old Gear Manager seem to report much better battery life so I too suspect the update.

Graeme Stafford

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
WoW! mine last 3 1/2 to 4 days and I have a ton of apps associated with it on notifications popping constantly!... something is terribly wrong! did you put a different app on phone that attributed to this battery drain?... anything new or different on phone or watch?

What version of Gear Manager are you using? Has it updated recently?

Kishony

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Mine is 2.1.14052101 updated on the 13th. (always hated the Friday's on the 13th..) For those of you who have the older version I suggest stay with it until you'll know better

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Mine is 2.1.14052101 updated on the 13th. (always hated the Friday's on the 13th..) For those of you who have the older version I suggest stay with it until you'll know better

That version has been out for a few weeks, so it's not new and was released well before Friday the 13th.

Kishony

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Can someone please send me a link to the previous 'gear manager' version APK file?

Kishony

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Bret what cell phone are you pairing to? Did you upgraded the gear manager version yesterday? I'm trying to decide if that fixed it

SAMmarked1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Try looking at your apps set to sync like emails or any app that updates or pulls data. Chances are what ever is using the most battery on your phone is relaying to the watch.
Also here is a tip not many people know. The neo and gear two have a app manager. Hold your two fingers on the screen a few seconds at the home screen. Close all your apps that show up.

Posted via Android Central App

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Try looking at your apps set to sync like emails or any app that updates or pulls data. Chances are what ever is using the most battery on your phone is relaying to the watch.
Also here is a tip not many people know. The neo and gear two have a app manager. Hold your two fingers on the screen a few seconds at the home screen. Close all your apps that show up.

Thanks a lot. I am one who didn't know that. I usually just restart to clear opened apps, and this is a lot easier.

Edit: I got the two finger tap for volume/brightness, and now the two finger hold. Are there any other shortcuts to access settings on the device?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

SAMmarked1

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes in the app manager I would go to settings and I believe you can assign the home button (when double pressed to access settings) I have mine set to access the heart rate monitor.

Graeme Stafford

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Update - after charging overnight battery started lasting for days. My theory is that in an attempt not to overcharge it I was in fact under charging even though it said 100%!!! I'm now only using 20% per day 😊