Fleksy Messenger App available in Samsung Apps

JacksonEdwardHarrison

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Good thought checking to see if swapping to "favorites" made a difference.

Even though it didn't, I still am curious if the problem is linked to the total number of contacts on a device. If somehow devices are freezing when trying to pull up long lists of names and numbers? I'm forever deleting non-vital contacts so I only have about 100 at present. My Gear pauses for about 2 seconds and then the full list populates.

I'd be interested to know if anyone with substantially more contacts than I is having just as easy a time with the app?

Another shot in the dark...what version of Android is everyone running? Device? Carrier? Working fine with my VZW Note 3 on KitKat.

fkpalm

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I put an A next to my favorite contacts that I message to and they are now at the top of my list .

Sent from my SM-N900P using AC Forums mobile app

mpogr

May 15, 2014
Visit site
The app is pretty much useless for me now:
1. Can text only to contacts, no free number entering.
2. I have ~2000 contacts and the app doesn't provide any means of searching/setting favourites.
3. The app doesn't support non-English input (and doesn't even show non-ASCII characters in previous messages).

mklabove

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I wonder, along with Harrison, if number of contacts has an impact on the contacts never showing up in Fleksy (what I'm still seeing). I have about 1100, but mpogr has double that and they seem to be transferring.

I received a response from Fleksy, which said:
"We believe that this is because Fleksy tries to fetch your Contact list which is a big file. Try to set the devices really close to each other and try to load it multiple times and tell us if it helps. Also, disable any other Bluetooth devices nearby."

So with only the watch connected by bluetooth, and with the two sitting right next to each other, I kept the watch awake for nearly 10 minutes, and nothing transferred. I am wondering if I have a stubborn/defective contact or something. That said, if it's going to take a minute or two to access contacts each time you want to text, I seriously doubt it's usefulness for me.

Keith

mklabove

May 6, 2010
Visit site
You mean, 'Just keep trying and maybe it will work' isn't an adequate tech support response???? Even if I hold them really, really, really close together??? ;)

Ok, maybe it is denial. -- Keith

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
When my contacts do show up, it shows a separate entry for every phone number for every contact. They could/should only contacts' mobile numbers, and even better would be to show them only for starred Google contacts (favorites) plus the number for the sender, if it's not already in favorites.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't know if it will help but you might try clearing the cache and data of gear manager

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

David Gretty

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I have 1800 contacts on my Galaxy s5, and I installed Fleksy and it took about 5 minutes to lad the list. I too saw just the word "contacts" until they loaded. I am bummed that they only display the phone numbers and not the names of the contacts. I am too old and stupid to remember 1700 phone numbers:)

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I have 1800 contacts on my Galaxy s5, and I installed Fleksy and it took about 5 minutes to lad the list. I too saw just the word "contacts" until they loaded. I am bummed that they only display the phone numbers and not the names of the contacts. I am too old and stupid to remember 1700 phone numbers:)

?

Mine shows names(S3/Neo), with multiple name listings for multiple phone numbers, ie.:

John Smith
(123) 456-7890

John Smith
(123) 789-1234

David Gillham

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Not sure whether this will help but I discovered that if you store a contact under anything other than first name, last name only the phone numbers will appear in the contacts list. My Mac had several contacts using a company name field but once I reclassified each company under last time the problem was solved