Speaker not as loud and sound is garbled

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
It was fine when I bought it at launch. I use SVoice for almost all features. Anyone has similar experience and solution?

Sent from my SM-G900T using AC Forums mobile app

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I thought of that possibility. The closest of that is cleaning it with a damp paper towel as needed, and immediately drying it. I may have to contact Samsung for an exchange, most likely a refurbish one which I would hate. I absolutely love my device otherwise.

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
That's the only thing I could come up with. Maybe someone else has had the issue and resolved it themselves. Maybe try shaking the **** out of it or give it a "Fonzie" elbow.... Those are my go-to's when something doesn't work right... ;)

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Its hard to control the amount of moisture on a paper towel, compared to a large cloth. I lightly spray [whatever chemical/water] on an old tee shirt in order to limit the amount of moisture transferred to the delicate item i'm cleaning.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Good advice regarding the amount of moisture, but I would think it would not be an issue since it should be water resistant, oh well. The problem started a week ago, so whatever possible moisture should be gone.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Good advice regarding the amount of moisture, but I would think it would not be an issue since it should be water resistant, oh well. The problem started a week ago, so whatever possible moisture should be gone.

I didn't mean to imply that there was any damage done from the cleaning. I was just mentioning it for general information

Sent from my SCH-I605 using AC Forums mobile app

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Just curious, have you exercised with it? Just thinking of sweat and/or body oil getting in it. I have ran in mine, using the Strava app, and wipe it down, with a damp cloth, after each run.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone for your input. Something weird happened this morning. When I turned on my G2, the screen showed the attached. I waited for 10 minutes, nothing happened so I turned it off. Miraculously and coincidentally , the speaker and sound is back to normal.

I love my device so much, always use SVoice for texting, taking calls, making appointments, voice memos, etc. Perhaps the problem had to do with the over usage of SVoice? The only time I use my main device, SG5 is for web browse, video, and email.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Hey folks. Just an update. Recurring same issue on my Gear 2 despite my last post, so frustrating. You folks are right, seems like the main issue came from the sweat from working out and the hot and humid weather. Sweat and moisture seem to accumulate in the speaker. It is annoying to constantly wipe them dry throughout the day to regain the normal sound quality and volume. I just don't understand why the speaker is placed right underneath the device. Why can't the speaker be placed on the side or on the top??? Am I the only one to have this problem?

Attachments

• 1404053703045.jpg
    1404053703045.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 25

JRenzel

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
My watch is having the same issue. I didn't submerge it or anything like that. Just normal daily use. I think Samsung has an issue they need to address with this. I'll probably be returning mine. It sounds like the woman who swallowed a fly ...

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Put some rubbing alcohol on a paper towel and clean the speaker/mic area well. This will clean out the speaker/mic section. I run 3-4 times a week, so I clean it with water most days, and alcohol in the one spot 1 every 2 weeks. Every time I noticed a garbled speaker, this clears it up.

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Put some rubbing alcohol on a paper towel and clean the speaker/mic area well. This will clean out the speaker/mic section. I run 3-4 times a week, so I clean it with water most days, and alcohol in the one spot 1 every 2 weeks. Every time I noticed a garbled speaker, this clears it up.
Great advice with the rubbing alcohol. Hopefully the speaker in the next generation is placed elsewhere to prevent sweat accumulation. I no longer own the Gear 2, now have the Gear S, same issue unfortunately.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I don't suggest rubbing alcohol. I would use an eyeglass cleaner non alcohol with a micro fiber soft cloth. Paper towel can scratch h the screen. Spray on cloth. Not directly on watch

Posted via the Android Central App