WOW! Cool app for DSLR users

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Now I can trip the shutter of my Nikon using my Gear 2. That is simply awesome! Now I don't have to take the tiny (so tiny it's almost impossible to not lose) remote with me on outtings. The app is called DSLR Smart Remote. Kudos to the developer.

I sure could have used this app a couple of weeks ago when trying not to drop/lose the diminutive remote when shooting with a tripod, in Carlsbad Caverns. How I didn't manage to lose that thing I don't know, but I do know that I was always fumbling in the dark to find the right spot on it to click. The watch app would have been a welcome improvement over the Nikon Wireless Remote.

Harry_Yambag

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Am I the only one who hasn't seen a single new app in weeks? I'm not seeing this one either? Am I looking in the right place? Gear manager>Samsung Apps?

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Am I the only one who hasn't seen a single new app in weeks? I'm not seeing this one either? Am I looking in the right place? Gear manager>Samsung Apps?

Yep, that's where to look. Are you going into each category and selecting New from the four columns (All, Paid, Free, New)?

Harry_Yambag

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
No, I've been in the "all" category which I would assume has everything. Just double checked new in "utilities" look like the exact same apps as "all" just in a different order.

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
No, I've been in the "all" category which I would assume has everything. Just double checked new in "utilities" look like the exact same apps as "all" just in a different order.

Correct, the All category would have everything, but the New puts them in order of newest on top. I always see the new apps first, each day I look for the new apps. Could be a phone or regional thing for why you aren't seeing them.

Harry_Yambag

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Correct, the All category would have everything, but the New puts them in order of newest on top. I always see the new apps first, each day I look for the new apps. Could be a phone or regional thing for why you aren't seeing them.

Maybe regional? I doubt it's a phone thing because I have 2 phones and 2 watches and neither of them show these apps. I guess that leaves regional? But why the hell would part of the US have something only?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using AC Forums mobile app

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Maybe regional? I doubt it's a phone thing because I have 2 phones and 2 watches and neither of them show these apps. I guess that leaves regional? But why the hell would part of the US have something only?

tried clearing cache and data from Gear Manager to see if that solves the lack of current app listings? Don't know if it will fix it, but no harm will be done if you try it.

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

Yeah, I saw a guy in another thread, from Texas, say they couldn't see certain apps, and they are located very close to me, so that makes no sense.

I can say, I'm on a Note 3 AT&T, running 4.4.2 non-rooted phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36