Easy way to update Samsung apps?

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
With Google Play you just go to "My Apps" it shows which need updating. Is there a quick way to see all the Samsung Gear apps that need updating? I'm a bit lost in their store. I'm having to go to each app individually and see if it needs updating. There's gotta be an easier way if want to manually update my Gear Neo apps.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
With Google Play you just go to "My Apps" it shows which need updating. Is there a quick way to see all the Samsung Gear apps that need updating? I'm a bit lost in their store. I'm having to go to each app individually and see if it needs updating. There's gotta be an easier way if want to manually update my Gear Neo apps.

Click on the three dot menu at the top right, click on Purchased, and it will show the ones that have updates.

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Click on the three dot menu at the top right, click on Purchased, and it will show the ones that have updates.

Hmm. I don't see that. Hitting the 3 dot menu brings up "search for new devices" and "help" on the main menu, and in the apps section it brings up "payment methods" and in the "my apps" section there is no 3 dot menu...only trash. Any ideas?

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
As weird as it is, sometimes you have to go into the Samsung Apps app for the phone, click on the 3 dots, followed by a click on the purchased tab. Then, go back into Samsung Apps within Gear Manager, hit the back button if needed until just the gear app categories are present, click the three dots again...now the purchased tab will be available and it will reflect any updates that are pending.

Posted via Android Central App

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
As weird as it is, sometimes you have to go into the Samsung Apps app for the phone, click on the 3 dots, followed by a click on the purchased tab. Then, go back into Samsung Apps within Gear Manager, hit the back button if needed until just the gear app categories are present, click the three dots again...now the purchased tab will be available and it will reflect any updates that are pending.

Thanks for that advice. I feel dumb asking, but how do I find the Samsung Apps app on my phone? Do I have it automatically? I click on apps and I see Samsung Hub and Samsung Link, but no Samsung Apps.

U4icLab

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for that advice. I feel dumb asking, but how do I find the Samsung Apps app on my phone? Do I have it automatically? I click on apps and I see Samsung Hub and Samsung Link, but no Samsung Apps.

No worries...not a dumb question. I'm using a Samsung S5 and have two apps for apps. One is the Google Play Store, the other is titled "Samsung Apps." It's pinkish with a white paper bag icon. It can be found by clicking on the square apps icon on the lower right in the dock and within the app drawer...which is just a list of all your apps.

SMD

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Not 100% sure if S3 has that "Samsung Apps". Any one with an S3 verify this? I'm using Nova Launcher so the apps are in a different place but yeah, I don't see it among my apps. Hmmm.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Not 100% sure if S3 has that "Samsung Apps". Any one with an S3 verify this? I'm using Nova Launcher so the apps are in a different place but yeah, I don't see it among my apps. Hmmm.

All you have to do is TALK TO GOOGLE NOW. Just say," Open Samsung Apps". Presto, it will open.

lizardchest

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site

S3 here, with Nova. I've got Samsung Apps. Had an update this am, and it is now called GALAXY Apps.
Screenshot_071014_073729_AM.jpg

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
S3 here, with Nova. I've got Samsung Apps. Had an update this am, and it is now called GALAXY Apps.
]

I wish app developers would settle on their app names when they first introduce them and stop changing them at later dates. IMO, the worst name change was Google's Hangouts. I love the app and hate that name. :)

Also, they can't stick with one app icon. Dropbox has gone back and forth. Netflix changed theirs. And Pandora? Don't get me started--they made it look "flat". I emailed them and said I don't like it because it's like they made it for Apple products--the flat look. sigh.

BTW, no "Galaxy" update here yet.

mklabove

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the S3, and if memory serves, I had to download Samsung Apps - probably from apps.samsung.com. No update here yet to Galaxy Apps.

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I wish app developers would settle on their app names when they first introduce them and stop changing them at later dates. IMO, the worst name change was Google's Hangouts. I love the app and hate that name. :)

Also, they can't stick with one app icon. Dropbox has gone back and forth. Netflix changed theirs. And Pandora? Don't get me started--they made it look "flat". I emailed them and said I don't like it because it's like they made it for Apple products--the flat look. sigh.

BTW, no "Galaxy" update here yet.

The way I saw mine was I went into Gear Manager, then Samsung Apps, and when it pulled it up it notified me that their is an update to Samsung Apps and did I want to update it.

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
The way I saw mine was I went into Gear Manager, then Samsung Apps, and when it pulled it up it notified me that their is an update to Samsung Apps and did I want to update it.

thanks. I tried that. no update offered here yet.

However I see there is a Gear Manager dated today (10th). installing it now...

well, it looks like the new GM didn't break anything. :) I have 131 apps in Utilities, New.

NoFaQ

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
thanks. I tried that. no update offered here yet.

However I see there is a Gear Manager dated today (10th). installing it now...

well, it looks like the new GM didn't break anything. :) I have 131 apps in Utilities, New.

That's weird, I'm showing, in the App Store, today's GM update version is 2.1.14062401, and that's what I'm already on. But, I didn't get a GM update today, just the Samsung App Store update.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc