Whatsapp and Facebook Messenger notifications not working anymore since new gear manager update

Shockeru

Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello, since the new gear manager update (couple of days ago), whatsapp and facebook messenger notifications don't turn on the screen on the gear anymore (mails, facebook notifications, alarms, etc still work). Strangely, if I go in the Notifications app on my Gear 2, I see the whatsapp and facebook notifications.

Is there any hidden setting I don't know about?

1812dave

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
version incompatibility? I'm having trouble with Nova Launcher and the latest version of Hangouts, on my phone. (unread counts don't work) TeslaCoil Software has acknowledged the issue which they promise will be fixed in the next update due in a few weeks. it's always a game of playing catch up, isn't it? :)

nklv_aleksa

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Same here, but with one difference: FB notifications are displayed regularly, Viber notifications comes to Gear but screen doesnt go on with no sound/vibration too

veugeniojr

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

Been having the same problem since last week, when I updated the Gear app on my S5 to version 2.2.14090599. When I don't see the notifications coming up, I restart the phone and, on one occasion so far, I had to turn if off and on. That happen at least 3-4 times

I've sent an e-mail to Samsung support this afternoon. I will share the answers when I get it, meanwhile, try to restart your phone and they should get back to work.

Regards,

colbenuk

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Same here, but with one difference: FB notifications are displayed regularly, Viber notifications comes to Gear but screen doesnt go on with no sound/vibration too

Exactly the same here with Viber and FB Messaging. No sound/vibration but then find them in notifications on Gear.
Great update Samsung.....NOT:-\

dafuse

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
A new version of the gear manager came out yesterday (Sept 22). I installed it (after uninstalling previous version and reseting the watch to factory), and the notifications are still hit and miss. Whatsapp and Hangouts still don't alert me on the watch. Email, Gmail and messaging seem to work.

Sigh.

nklv_aleksa

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
A new version of the gear manager came out yesterday (Sept 22). I installed it (after uninstalling previous version and reseting the watch to factory), and the notifications are still hit and miss. Whatsapp and Hangouts still don't alert me on the watch. Email, Gmail and messaging seem to work.

Sigh.

+1

dafuse

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
After multiple uninstalls and reinstalls, mine seems to be working too. The next-to-last re-install caused the most mayhem: couldn't connect at all anymore. But now, even whatsapp is alerting me normally.

Painfullllllllllllll

Suzi Smith

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
I can confirm the latest update fixed the problem.. Wasn't expecting such a fast fix, thanks samsung

I thought that and uninstalled/re-installed, only to find that SHealth is greyed out so can't sync and 'Manage Notifications' isnt working...with (Unfortunately Gear Plug in has stopped) message and black screen... Sigh! Come on Samsung... Apple is making a mess of ios 8 and the new iPhone 6 - time to show them how it's done!!~

kojak39

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Not only are my notifications not working all the time since the update, but I also have battery drain issues. Had gear charged to 100% and was down to 60% in an hour and I wasn't even getting notifications. Hope they have a fix soon. Wish someone would create a mod to make this run Android Wear.

colbenuk

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Just got update 2.2.14092299 this morning.
Crashed every time update got to last part of install but after un-installing Gear manager and then reinstalling it, Gear performed a factory reset and is working fine now.
All notifications working including FB messenger and Viber with sound/vibrate and pop up screen.:D

veugeniojr

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Did you get update 2.2.14092299 automatically, or did you downloaded it from the Galaxy Apps Store? Tried the second one and this new version is not available yet?

Screenshot_2014-09-26-09-43-27.jpg

Maybe Samsung is deploying the fix by region? I'm in the U.S, how about you?