Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

Please forgive me in advance if this has already been answered. I am frustrated searching for it.

How the heck do you search in the app store inside Gear Manager? I see apps that reference searching yet there is no search function. To be honest, the functionality of the Gear App Store is awful.

If you can help me with this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-07-2014 06:37 AM
    From within 'Gear Manager', open 'Samsung Gear Apps'.. When you do that, you should see a little looking glass on the very top right corner of the screen. Tap that and the search function should open.

It's much like the way it works in 'Google Play Store'
    hypnospastic likes this.
    10-07-2014 07:17 AM
    From within 'Gear Manager', open 'Samsung Gear Apps'.. When you do that, you should see a little looking glass on the very top right corner of the screen. Tap that and the search function should open.

It's much like the way it works in 'Google Play Store'
    Thats how i assumed it would work however it looks like I do not have that function, screen shots are included.

Attached Thumbnails Gear Apps Store Question-screenshot_2014-10-07-10-21-09.jpg   Gear Apps Store Question-screenshot_2014-10-07-10-21-48.jpg  
    10-07-2014 09:23 AM
    One more additional.

Attached Thumbnails Gear Apps Store Question-screenshot_2014-10-07-10-24-09.jpg  
    10-07-2014 09:24 AM
    This is a very big design flaw with Samsung's Store... You can only search from the main screen: you have to be in the home screen in one of the "Best Picks", "Top", or "Category" tabs... Once you go into a category, you cannot search... It's VERY stupid, trust me!
    I don't even have those options. (Best Picks or Top) It is very basic and not very user friendly. I think that is very disappointing. Hopefully it will get better.

10-07-2014 06:20 PM
    Thats how i assumed it would work however it looks like I do not have that function, screen shots are included.

In your first screenshot, if you tap "Samsung Gear Apps", what do you get? It should open into the App store with the search function up top.
    hypnospastic likes this.
    10-08-2014 05:29 AM
    I get this screen (attached below) when I tap on "Samsung Gear Apps" on the main screen of the Samsung Gear application on my phone.
    Attached Thumbnails Gear Apps Store Question-tempfileforshare.jpg  
    hypnospastic likes this.
    10-08-2014 09:32 AM
    I get this screen (attached below) when I tap on "Samsung Gear Apps" on the main screen of the Samsung Gear application on my phone.
    Right - - then tap inside the box next to the search glass to pull up the keyboard and type in the app (or reference terms) to search for. That's how it should work.
    hypnospastic likes this.
    10-08-2014 11:34 AM
    Yeah I do not have that. Am I missing an update or is there another app to download?

10-08-2014 07:53 PM
    I don't know why you wouldn't get the search function in the gear app screen..

One thing you might try... Tap on the blue bar between where it says 'select category' and the three vertical dots. You should get a side bar popping up from the left side of the screen. There you will be able to select 'Home'.. Try that.
    hypnospastic likes this.
    10-09-2014 06:32 AM
    I don't know why you wouldn't get the search function in the gear app screen..

One thing you might try... Tap on the blue bar between where it says 'select category' and the three vertical dots. You should get a side bar popping up from the left side of the screen. There you will be able to select 'Home'.. Try that.
    I guess I do not have the same Gear Manager/Store that you do. That sucks frankly. Below are the step by step from Gear Manager home page to going into the store. I even uninstalled and reinstalled Gear Manager...

Attached Thumbnails Gear Apps Store Question-screenshot_2014-10-09-10-57-36.jpg   Gear Apps Store Question-screenshot_2014-10-09-10-57-53.jpg   Gear Apps Store Question-screenshot_2014-10-09-10-58-00.jpg  
    10-09-2014 10:01 AM
    What if you tap the white arrow on the left of the "Select category" in the second screenshot? It takes you back to the orange Gear Manager screen?
    What's your phone model? Is it rooted?
    It does take me back to the GM screen. I have a Galaxy Note 3, not rooted on Verizon.

10-09-2014 08:22 PM
    So I figured out what was wrong. I needed to download the Samsung GALAXY Apps app. Once I did that the entire Gear Manager app store changed and represented what another user posted above.

I really appreciate you all coming and offering your advice and suggestions. This community ROCKS!

budgitApp and johnmltb33 like this.
    10-09-2014 10:00 PM