Gear 2 watch face with notifications like Gear S

scanna

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys, is it possible to create a watch face that include notifications number like Gear S?

34rxfva.jpg

There is only the stock base watch face that include this kind of home screen:

2qx10dx.jpg

When I use Watch Styler is possible to create fantastic watch faces with battery icon, bluetooth icon but is not possible to put notification icon
Should be fantastic to have something like this:

2dtssy9.jpg

Thank you!!!

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
This is not easy. Even when you write your own watchface, without a notifications handling app.
To count incoming notifications is not that difficult. But it's more difficult to monitor also handled notifications to countdown the number.

scanna

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
This is not easy. Even when you write your own watchface, without a notifications handling app.
To count incoming notifications is not that difficult. But it's more difficult to monitor also handled notifications to countdown the number.

Both devices, Gear S and Gear 2, are Tizen based and the big difference is that watch face on Gear S can show a lot of informations like num. notifications, steps, battery,... as dynamic counter.
But Gear 2 can only use some standard watch faces that include some of these informations.
It seems more static Gear 2... ok for notifications with a little number inside... but for steps number you must switch on another watch face that can show time and steps only.
My question: it's possible to create a watch face equal to Gear S (standard) with existing tools today?

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but only if you use the tizen wear sdk developers kit. And program it yourself.

If i look at other apps, it should be possible. Take for example the app notifications clock, this has the code to create the counter.

But using currently available apps like watchface or multi-watch. This is not possible. And will never be.

Personally i like the watcher watchface the most now. And hope that gear S will be ported to the Gear 2.

scanna

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site
Ok, but the big problem that I have today with Gear 2, also if I use it in vibration or sound mode, is that if you don't hear notification you are not able to understand if you have notifications unread only watching the clock :(

We will see if in the future the Gear 2 firmware will be upgraded to a firmware similar to Gear S

gdanonym

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
If the notifications is your problem, then use the native digital clock with the shortcuts. There the notification counter is shown.
You can also use the wear Notifications app (which i use) . This stays on front after the notification has come and the screen turned off.
Just like the Notify Gear app.

That's why i like the watcher watchface. So i have the time, date, Appointment and weather in one. Notifications will popup and stay there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781