Samsung Gear Manager Unistalling Apps

NoNoiPhone4me

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I have this problem with TripIt on my Note 4 and Gear 2 smartwatch (both of which I love, by the way). I can reinstall TripIt if I set my phone to accept apps from "Unknown sources" but sooner or later, TripIt will uninstall again. In investigating, the interesting thing I found out is that TripIt was planning to release an app that worked with the Samsung Gear smartwatches (see TripIt integrates with Samsung Galaxy Gear | TripIt Press). Evidently iHeartRadio was also planning to introduce something for the Gear. My guess is that whatever they did to make them potentially compatible with Gear smartwatches and then didn't has somehow made them incompatible with the Gear software now.

Still not able to get anything from TripIt but perhaps iHeartRadio now has a permanent fix.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Is there any setting to prevent gear manager from updating again? I remember you could on gear 1 but even with auto update unchecked it happens anyway.

NoNoiPhone4me

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I have this problem with TripIt on my Note 4 and Gear 2 smartwatch (both of which I love, by the way). I can reinstall TripIt if I set my phone to accept apps from "Unknown sources" but sooner or later, TripIt will uninstall again. In investigating, the interesting thing I found out is that TripIt was planning to release an app that worked with the Samsung Gear smartwatches (see TripIt integrates with Samsung Galaxy Gear | TripIt Press). Evidently iHeartRadio was also planning to introduce something for the Gear. My guess is that whatever they did to make them potentially compatible with Gear smartwatches and then didn't has somehow made them incompatible with the Gear software now.

Still not able to get anything from TripIt but perhaps iHeartRadio now has a permanent fix.

To reply to my own post, the "fix" is that Samsung has their own version of TripIt that is downloaded from "Galaxy Apps". Works great. So far no issues and, in fact, I actually like the look and layout better than the regular TripIt app. It has a more "black-and-white(-and green) layout that looks more professional to me and "Trips", "Alerts", "Points", and "Network" can all be selected on the front page.

Probably doesn't help most people with the issue here but I would suggest searching the "Galaxy Apps" app on your Samsung phone to see if there is a Samsung-specific version of the app that you should be using. Perhaps iHeartRadio has one.

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I wish the music I sync from CD would work out my gear2. It transfers over but can't play. Says doesn't support format.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad