06-18-2015 12:33 PM
28 12
tools
    When I install Samsung Gear Manager it unistalls appications from my Galaxy Note 2. Prime example is iHeart Radio. If I try to reinstall iHeartRadio from the Play Store, it will not install. Same thing happens with RunKeeper. If I uninstall Gear Manager I am able to reinstall iHeartRadio and RunKeeping, but upon re-installing Gear Manager from the Galaxy App Store, both applications are uninstalled. I've uninstalled and re-installed Gear Manager several times with the same results, and even performed a Factory Reset on my Note 2, but to no avail.
    10-15-2014 04:33 PM
    I have exactly the same problem with my Galaxy S5
    Runkeeper is one of my mostly used apps and I cannot go without... so my Gear 2 is collecting dust for the moment...

tried doing the same on my collegues Note 3 with his gear 2 but his seem to work perfectly

so happy I found someone with the same problem, I hope a solution follows quickly because I'm getting really fed up with this issue

I just found some people with the same problems but cannot post the link because I haven't got 10 posts... too bad
    10-16-2014 06:41 AM
    Same problem here (just got my Gear 2). I installed iheart radio from amazon apps and it works fine. BUT, doesn't work on the watch (OK with that though).
    t-rizzo likes this.
    10-21-2014 01:09 PM
    Had same problem! I can't live without iheart radio. Downloaded from Amazon app store. Seems to work fine so far.
    10-29-2014 02:11 PM
    I'm experiencing this as well...major frustration. I have to have iheartradio so I can listen Z100 in the mornings. Let's hope it gets fixed.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-29-2014 07:59 PM
    I have exactly the same problem with my Galaxy S5
    Runkeeper is one of my mostly used apps and I cannot go without... so my Gear 2 is collecting dust for the moment...

tried doing the same on my collegues Note 3 with his gear 2 but his seem to work perfectly

so happy I found someone with the same problem, I hope a solution follows quickly because I'm getting really fed up with this issue

I just found some people with the same problems but cannot post the link because I haven't got 10 posts... too bad
    I know you really like Runkeeper, and I don't know if it's the interface or the stats. But, I'd give Endomondo a shot, until you're issues are resolved. It works great on the Gear 2.

You can also use https://tapiriik.com/ to sync your data between Endomondo and Runkeeper so you have all your workouts together.
    10-30-2014 10:38 AM
    Trip-It, a popular travel assistant app, disappeared from my Note 3 soon after the last update to Gear Manager. Reinstalling from Google Play triggered an "unknown source/origin" alert from Gear Manager before Trip-It again went MIA.

Enabling untrusted app sources in Gear Manager changes nothing, except the freshly installed Trip-It will now be assassinated in silence.

I would guess that Samsung Gear Manager now mistakenly sees certain Android apps as Tizen apps instead, and likely attempts to move them into it's local repository of smart watch apps.

I have never been able to actually get a support ticket through Samsung's insane maze of half baked and often broken web forms - so unsurprisingly I alerted Trip-It support instead, after only a short and half-hearted, but still failed, attempt at said webforms

Trip-It replied that a few other users had reported similar issues, and that a couple had mentioned Samsung Gear or Gear Manager.

Unfortunately, after pondering the issue for a number of days, Trip-It concluded their investigation along these lines:

* Gear 2 is the only known common denominator for these issue

* Gear 2 runs Tizen

* Tizen is a new operating system Samsung has started trying out on a few mobile devices.

* Trip-It have no plans to support Tizen

(An interesting angle and resulting idea, which I guess illustrates why we stopped offshoring our support and development)

That's all I know for now, save that I also found the the version of Trip-It currently available on the Galaxy app-store is in fact left alone by Gear Manager. Could be a difference in app version, or the Samsung owned store is not subject to the same level of distrustful validation.
    11-02-2014 11:30 PM
    I guess then my question is, why is the Gear Manager even affected by the install of apps like Trip It or iheartradio? When I download the app, I download it from my phone to my phone and in no way do I interact with Gear Manager. For all intents and purposes, Gear Manager doesn't have a dog in the fight so to speak. It's acting like the nosey neighbor...meddling in something it isn't involved in. Just a thought...

11-03-2014 10:24 PM
    I am having exactly the same issue with my Galaxy S5. I have my Gear installed and iheart radio will not stay installed.
    I don't want to listen to my radio app on my Gear...just want it to stay installed on phone!

mgreer69:

11-05-2014 02:43 PM
    I had a chat session last night with Samsung and the rep kept telling me that the problem wasn't with Gear Manager but with the app itself. In this case it would be iheartradio. I informed her that I am 99.9% sure that the Gear Manager is the problem since I didn't have the issue with my Note 3 and my Gear 2. The issue didn't even start until the most recent Gear Manager update around the 25th of October.

I must say I am really disappointed at this point that I cannot listen to iheartradio and have my Gear 2 connected at the same time. I really am starting to dislike my Gear 2 and nearing regretting purchasing it. I should have just gone with the Neo and probably not had any issues.

11-07-2014 10:00 AM
    Anything new on this issue?

11-11-2014 12:35 PM
    So, I spent over an hour and a half on the phone with a wonderful Samsung rep by the name of Elizabeth. Her and I went through every and I mean EVERY possible scenario and procedure which involved resetting everything and came up empty handed.

What we did find are a bunch of articles in which Clear Channel, makers of the iheartradio app, boasting it's compatibility with the Gear 2. Most of the articles actually showed iheartradio on the Gear 2. What we couldn't find, was how the heck you get it on the Gear 2.

Having exhausted all options, we decided it best to contact iheartradio tech support which I am about to. Once I hear back from them, I can provide an update.

If anyone else has anything new, please share.

11-13-2014 09:01 PM
    I just recieved a reply from iheartradio. They have confirmed that there is an issue resulting in a failed install of the app when connecting to a device that is Samsung Gear connected.

They stated that they are actively working on a solution. Thats the best I can provide at the moment.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-14-2014 05:21 PM
    Just wanted to let everyone know we released a new update to iHeartRadio (version 5.5) that will prevent the unwanted uninstall of iHeartRadio. If you continue to experience problems let us know!
    hypnospastic likes this.
    01-12-2015 12:37 PM
    So far so good. Thank you for working on this and correcting the issue. I am happy to be able to wear my watch again AND listen to iheartradio!

01-14-2015 06:25 AM
    I have been having this problem, but I had no idea it had to do with my Gear. I had the original Gear, and now I have the Gear S. I've tried 3 times this week to install the iHeart radio app after it kept logging me out last week. Today, it looked like it installed, but as soon as I clicked "open," it said, "installation failed." I thought it was strange that it had originally uninstalled as I recently started using it again. Please help, iHeart! There are several stations on there that I've grown quite fond of.
    01-19-2015 08:23 PM
    So far so good. Thank you for working on this and correcting the issue. I am happy to be able to wear my watch again AND listen to iheartradio!

I should let you know that I am using the Gear 2. Good to know of your issue with the Gear S as I want to buy one.

01-19-2015 08:26 PM
    It appears that the problem has appeared again. I've worn my watch all weekend and thus morning I went to start iheartradio and it was gone. My watch (Gear 2) isn't connected this morning since I left it at home. I am really disappointed that it's happening again....

01-20-2015 08:01 AM
    What version of iHeartRadio do you currently have installed?
    01-22-2015 05:01 PM
    What version of iHeartRadio do you currently have installed?
    I have 5.5.0 installed. It looks like today it actually worked properly and the app didn't Uninstall from my phone. What new thing I did find is that I know have an iheartradio icon on my Gear 2 which launches and controls my phone app. I am happy again and pray that it doesn't act up again.

01-22-2015 05:51 PM
    Strange! We'll take another look at this issue to make sure we did in fact squash this bug. Thanks for sticking with us.
    01-23-2015 05:28 PM
    I have this problem with TripIt on my Note 4 and Gear 2 smartwatch (both of which I love, by the way). I can reinstall TripIt if I set my phone to accept apps from "Unknown sources" but sooner or later, TripIt will uninstall again. In investigating, the interesting thing I found out is that TripIt was planning to release an app that worked with the Samsung Gear smartwatches (see TripIt integrates with Samsung Galaxy Gear | TripIt Press). Evidently iHeartRadio was also planning to introduce something for the Gear. My guess is that whatever they did to make them potentially compatible with Gear smartwatches and then didn't has somehow made them incompatible with the Gear software now.

Still not able to get anything from TripIt but perhaps iHeartRadio now has a permanent fix.
    04-17-2015 05:08 PM
    Is there any setting to prevent gear manager from updating again? I remember you could on gear 1 but even with auto update unchecked it happens anyway.
    04-24-2015 05:18 PM
    I have this problem with TripIt on my Note 4 and Gear 2 smartwatch (both of which I love, by the way). I can reinstall TripIt if I set my phone to accept apps from "Unknown sources" but sooner or later, TripIt will uninstall again. In investigating, the interesting thing I found out is that TripIt was planning to release an app that worked with the Samsung Gear smartwatches (see TripIt integrates with Samsung Galaxy Gear | TripIt Press). Evidently iHeartRadio was also planning to introduce something for the Gear. My guess is that whatever they did to make them potentially compatible with Gear smartwatches and then didn't has somehow made them incompatible with the Gear software now.

Still not able to get anything from TripIt but perhaps iHeartRadio now has a permanent fix.
    To reply to my own post, the "fix" is that Samsung has their own version of TripIt that is downloaded from "Galaxy Apps". Works great. So far no issues and, in fact, I actually like the look and layout better than the regular TripIt app. It has a more "black-and-white(-and green) layout that looks more professional to me and "Trips", "Alerts", "Points", and "Network" can all be selected on the front page.

Probably doesn't help most people with the issue here but I would suggest searching the "Galaxy Apps" app on your Samsung phone to see if there is a Samsung-specific version of the app that you should be using. Perhaps iHeartRadio has one.
    04-28-2015 11:36 AM
    I wish the music I sync from CD would work out my gear2. It transfers over but can't play. Says doesn't support format.

05-23-2015 01:37 AM
28 12