No sound on Facebook notification - Galaxy S5 & Gear 2 NEO

warkittens26

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
If this has been covered in another thread, please let me know.

ISSUE:
When I receive a Facebook notification while the phone screen is off (and even if I'm surfing the web, I see the facebook notification come in but I still get no sound) I get no audible sound nor vibration to let me know that I have received a notice on Facebook. I only find out when I grab my phone to do something and see that there has been a facebook notification in my Galaxy S5 Notifications bar.

When I look on my Gear 2 Neo, I see that I have a notification from Facebook, but the watch screen never lit up up nor made an audible sound or vibration to let me know I received a notice from my phone.

I went into the Facebook App and verified the following:
Notifications: Active
Vibrate: Check Marked
Phone LED: Check Marked
Notification Ringtone: Selected a ringtone (I also tried using various other ringtone sounds, still didn't work)
And made sure that all the notifications were check marked.

Gear 2 NEO:
Went into my Notifications: Notification is Check Marked and active
Verified that Facebook is in the approved list of apps I want notifications from.
Verified on Watch that sounds are turned on and vibration is active.
Changed Ringtone and Notification to max volume
Vibration strength: Set to Max

No matter what I do I cant seem to get the phone to alert me that I have a facebook notification. All my other notifications from other apps work great, Just not facebook.

Any ideas?

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Samsung-SM-G900A)
Kitkat 4.4.2
Build number: KOT 49H.G900AUC2ANG3
Root?: Phone has been rooted.

Gear 2 NEO:
Model Number: SM-R381
Software Version: RX381XXU0BNE5

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
On both devices, open the sounds setting under system settings of the device. Make sure the volume levels are moved up to the appropriate setting. Also, if the phone is left in the Facebook app when the screen is turned off, then the sound may not play. You'll likely need to be out of the app for the notification to sound.

warkittens26

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Verified that the volume for all sound types is maxed. Also it didnt seem to matter if facebook app was open, minimized (running in the background) or flat out closed. Still no sound or vibration notification for Facebook app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol