Hey, first post, so hope this hasnt been addressed before.

I bought a 2nd hand (first error, more then likly) gear 2 neo from my local CEX over here in the UK. CEX is quite a large, respected "trade this for that or cash" shop. Anyway, upon turning on the device, it was set to Korean, thought nothing of it, Samsung IS Korean after all, syncd it to my phone and it changed language to English. Good. It syncd with apps etc did what it should. But then, when recieveing calls it does notify you at all. Took the call, ended the call, got on with my day, then about 10mins later the watch started to viberate saying "xyz" was calling me again, but my S5 was idle. Couldnt get rid of the notification without restarting the watch. So i did. And the keeps happening whenever i get a call.

Next thing is the "Controls" app the comes stock on the open, u press it nothing happens at all and it freezes and i have to restart it. Further more, i lacks the heart rate app also, looked everywhere for it. It has the hardware, just not the software. Ao i looked at the instructions, only to find they where all, also, in Korean. No other languages....

So, i thought, ill reset and update it via gear manager....

NOPE. "This device has been modified and can no longer get OTA updates" or word to that effect.

Bar "rooting" the device or returning it... what are my options to getting it all working. Its clearly a Korean import or sort. Surly Samsung wouldnt ship them all in Korean...

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-02-2014 03:30 AM
    Open settings on watch. Scroll all the way down. Press the last option(about). Uncheck the USB debugging option. Perform a complete reset of the watch using the reset option in settings menu.

Now your watch will be back to what it was upon delivery.

After reset please go to gear manager and find the firmware version of you watch and check for updates.

Hopes this helps. I suspect your watch is poorly rooted.
    11-02-2014 04:24 AM
    Open settings on watch. Scroll all the way down. Press the last option(about). Uncheck the USB debugging option. Perform a complete reset of the watch using the reset option in settings menu.

Now your watch will be back to what it was upon delivery.

After reset please go to gear manager and find the firmware version of you watch and check for updates.

Hopes this helps. I suspect your watch is poorly rooted.
    Ill give it ago CEX are normally quite good at testing the devices before they sell them, and refuse any jailbroke/rooted devices...

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-02-2014 04:31 AM
    Maybe they did not know what to look for...
    11-02-2014 05:31 AM