Why am I getting the the error message Installation failed. Try later.(0) when I try to install any apps?

martin_coxy

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Installation failed. Try later.(0)

I get the above error with many apps when trying to install on my S4 Android 4.4.

It seems that 'standalone' apps are fine (Converter+, Calculator) but those that require an active phone component (Fleksy, 5 tiles sms, Gear Camera) all fail.

I've removed and reinstalled (and re-downloaded) Gear Manager, I've reset the watch many times but always the same outcome.

I just tried with my wife's S3 (A4.3) and it works fine. We even swapped SIMs to rule that out and it's definitely a device issue.

Samsung live chat suggested that I reinstall Gear Manager and when that didn't work started down the path of backing up with Kies prior to a reset. When I didn't like that they suggest that I go to a Samsung store.

Anyone have any other ideas? Could their be remnants of an old failed app lurking somewhere? Anything that I should do to perform a clean install of the Gear components and apps without a complete reset of the the device?

Thanks for any insight!!

Cheers
Martin

hypnospastic

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Installation failed. Try later.(0)

I experience the same issue when I have iheartradio installed and then connect my Gear 2. Iheartradio is aware of the issue and "working" on correcting it. Very frustrating....

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge