gear 2 or neo

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
what the difference other than camera? thats all i could see on bb.com ? gear 2 music also i think (not that i will use that ) and does anyone use there camera? oh and will either work on the note 4 verizon? didnt see it listed on list of devices

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I believe that and the weight (about 13G lighter for the Neo) are the only differences. Aside from the $100 price difference of course.

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
how tough are they? im a mechanic so probably wont wear it at work but do play volleyball and would like to where it for that?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
how tough are they? im a mechanic so probably wont wear it at work but do play volleyball and would like to where it for that?

I don't own one, so I wouldn't really know. Should be fine for volleyball as long as you're not playing on a hard surface and hitting the watch on that. They are IP67 certified so they should be fine for sand/water.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Lollipop 5.0.2

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
what the difference other than camera? thats all i could see on bb.com ? gear 2 music also i think (not that i will use that ) and does anyone use there camera? oh and will either work on the note 4 verizon? didnt see it listed on list of devices

The camera is the only difference. As to wear they are very durable. They work on any current samsung phone.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
There is a very basic difference between their built-in cameras: Gear 2 do have a built-in camera and also an IR tranmitter whereas NEO is lacking behind this feature (not having the camera) and also Gear Fit is lacking.

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
There is a very basic difference between their built-in cameras: Gear 2 do have a built-in camera and also an IR tranmitter whereas NEO is lacking behind this feature (not having the camera) and also Gear Fit is lacking.

oh yeah good call on the IR blaster forgot about that part too

anyone use there camera much?

also does it have voice text?

PortablePete

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Go gear 2. The camera is ok and the ir blaster is good to have also. Don't weld or torch with it on. The screen can get damaged from hot slag. The band clasp will open on snags too. The watch is snaggy if you don't wear a long sleeve over it.

Posted via Android Central App

jwt873

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
I went for the Gear 2... I felt that the stainless steel bezel made it look a little more 'dressy'. I didn't specifically want the camera, but since I got the watch, I've found that it's kind of a nice touch.

atcach

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
Think only differences are the camera and the metal finish which is nice. I have a neo and is very good. The ir blaster is nice to have. Wish it had more apps, but tizen is definitely lighter than android wear

mltvfl

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
Can you use Google now from the gear 2?

Posted via the Android Central App

You can receive the same updates that Google Now puts in your notification shade on your Gear, but you can't use Google Now voice search from the watch. You do have S-Voice though.

Posted from my SM-N910A

Quester1701

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure if they would work out for either I had my first Neo replaced by Samsung because it looked like the cover glass was coming off. . Then as now I was asked if the device got wet. It's like yeah it got wet it's a watch water splashes on it when I was my hands. Now the replacement Gear 2 Neo is doing the same thing.

Another down side I have noticed is that it totally takes over the S-Health App. If you leave the watch behind, and just take your (in my case Galaxy S5) the pedometer stops as soon as you are out of blue tooth range. You can disconnect it but it's a pain and you often loose your fitness data for the day.

Had a ben given one to try out for a while I would have never bought it. It might be goos for office workers, but I'd have to say most others not so good. Oh I'm a Pharmacy Technician in a hospital so I get a lot of walking done in a day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908