Im thinking to get the Gear 2 now but I'm just worry that the new version might come out soon. Gear S is new version of Gear 2 or Gear 3 is coming out soon? i just don't want to buy it now and few months later they might release gear 3.

Thanks
    04-16-2015 10:39 PM
    I would say it definitely depends on how you would use the smartwatch. I have the Gear 2 paired with the Note 3 and couldn't be happier. My main use is to get notifications/ calls when I am away from my desk (and my phone) at work. As long as I am within 50 feet or so of my phone I never miss a message or call. If you prefer to leave the phone and still use the watch alone, then you would be better served by the Gear S. Of course, Samsung always seems to sweeten each new model, so if you can wait a while longer go for the new model when it arrives.
    04-17-2015 06:54 AM
    wait. there are a number of unaddressed issues with Tizen and their apps. I would suggest hanging in there until you can get a nice non-Tizen based watch.
    04-17-2015 11:05 AM
    I would say it definitely depends on how you would use the smartwatch. I have the Gear 2 paired with the Note 3 and couldn't be happier. My main use is to get notifications/ calls when I am away from my desk (and my phone) at work. As long as I am within 50 feet or so of my phone I never miss a message or call. If you prefer to leave the phone and still use the watch alone, then you would be better served by the Gear S. Of course, Samsung always seems to sweeten each new model, so if you can wait a while longer go for the new model when it arrives.
    That's why I got the Neo. With the new Lollipop update on my S5, it's hard to get notifications correctly now. I have to log in and then see what notifications I have. Previously I had an app so if my elderly father (71 years old) called, the phone call would come through, but not any other notifications. Plus it use to tell me on the lock screen if I had notifications, now in the upper left hand corner, it just says "tmobile" (same as other S5 phones with other providers).

I love changing the background on my clock. I love having notifications immediately or soon after I connect back to my phone on my desk. I'm enjoying the watch a lot.

OP, wait if you don't really need a smart watch. I know new ones are coming up, but this was marked down, so I couldn't pass up.
    04-21-2015 02:27 PM
    I really like the Gear 2 only have had a week, but am very pleased. Don't like the GearS. GEAR2 is very esthetically pretty classy.
    Lots of complements

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-26-2015 07:40 PM
    I have the gear 2 and note 4 for some time now and they work perfectly. There is nothing that I wanted to do that I can't do. I am getting around 3 days with the gear 2's battery.

Posted via Android Central App
    Jude526 likes this.
    05-26-2015 09:22 PM
    Today 5 people asked me how I like my apple watch. Said I don't know..this is Samsung Gear2 and I.love it

06-10-2015 11:28 PM
    I say wait. Supposedly the "Orbis" will be Samsung's next watch, with a circular display to be released in October. If you can't wait, get a refurbished Gear 2 or Gear S or a used one from Craigslist, Ebay, etc.
    06-11-2015 02:47 PM
    It will be hard for anything out there to beat all the features of the gear 2.

Posted via Android Central App
    Jude526 likes this.
    06-14-2015 09:28 AM
    I am contemplating getting a Gear2 or the LG Urbane; since they're basically the same price. It's hard to go with the Gear2 with it being over a year old. What do you suggest?
    06-14-2015 05:41 PM
    I got mine last month. I LOVE IT. No regrets. Awesome features and benefits. Good looking smart watch too.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Android Central Forums
    06-15-2015 12:25 PM
    I am contemplating getting a Gear2 or the LG Urbane; since they're basically the same price. It's hard to go with the Gear2 with it being over a year old. What do you suggest?
    I would try going for an android wear watch (I think the urbane is android wear.) I have the gear 2 for about a year now and there is literally nothing different from whem I bought it until now. There has been one software update which didn't really change anything. Android wear, on the other hand, has numerous updates and long support cycle, not to mention that there are way more apps for android wear compared to gear watches. I hope you pick something you like!

06-16-2015 03:40 AM
    Thanks for the feedback; that was very helpful. I will probably get the LG Urbane

06-18-2015 05:50 PM
    Do any of newer android wear watches have battery life like the gear 2 Neo? I was looking at getting a newer watch but the gear2 still does a great job and the battery last about 3 days.

06-21-2015 07:07 AM
    do not wait, I really like the Gear 2 only have had a month, There is nothing that I wanted to do that I can't do.
    07-12-2015 10:22 PM