04-30-2014 09:16 PM
31 12
tools
    Well I want to use it for running, and just want to make sure it accurately counts my steps. My Galaxy Note 3 is too bulky for running. I might just take my chances and pick one up anyway. Thanks!
    Like you I own the Note 3. However, like the poster with the handle of "hopefulfarm" I use an armband to holster the Note while I'm running. I run between 120-140 miles a month and have had no problems with the Note 3 in an armband. Synced up with the Gear or the Fit I don't have to look at the phone if a text, call or email comes in, and since it's connected to the phone the wearable illuminates throughout the run so I can quickly see what is being spoken regarding distance, pace, and time as the audio feedback is playing in my ear.
    XChrisX likes this.
    04-23-2014 07:14 PM
    Like you I own the Note 3. However, like the poster with the handle of "hopefulfarm" I use an armband to holster the Note while I'm running. I run between 120-140 miles a month and have had no problems with the Note 3 in an armband. Synced up with the Gear or the Fit I don't have to look at the phone if a text, call or email comes in, and since it's connected to the phone the wearable illuminates throughout the run so I can quickly see what is being spoken regarding distance, pace, and time as the audio feedback is playing in my ear.
    Thanks for the feedback, I just picked up a Gear Fit today. I'm anxious to get some daily use out of this. I especially can't wait to run with it. Thanks for the response.
    04-27-2014 07:15 PM
    Thanks for the feedback, I just picked up a Gear Fit today. I'm anxious to get some daily use out of this. I especially can't wait to run with it. Thanks for the response.
    You're welcome! Let us know how you like it.

Once thing I noticed. The S-Health app that's on the Note 3 is different than the one on the GS5? I'm not sure why Sammy has done this. The result is that the Gear Fit, Gear 2, and Gear Neo do not sync up within the S-Health app. What they've done is add a separate app to allow you see your calories burned, and other stats, but I just wish they would have upgraded the S-Health on the Note 3.

If you don't use S-health then it doesn't matter, but if you do, then it's really disappointing.
    04-28-2014 01:47 PM
    You're welcome! Let us know how you like it.

Once thing I noticed. The S-Health app that's on the Note 3 is different than the one on the GS5? I'm not sure why Sammy has done this. The result is that the Gear Fit, Gear 2, and Gear Neo do not sync up within the S-Health app. What they've done is add a separate app to allow you see your calories burned, and other stats, but I just wish they would have upgraded the S-Health on the Note 3.

If you don't use S-health then it doesn't matter, but if you do, then it's really disappointing.
    I downloaded the "Fitness with Gear" app as well. So far this device is awesome. I've been lazy today with no gym time, but still getting the notifications on my wrist is pretty sweet. Will keep you updated for sure. Thanks!
    DAS likes this.
    04-28-2014 08:50 PM
    I downloaded the "Fitness with Gear" app as well. So far this device is awesome. I've been lazy today with no gym time, but still getting the notifications on my wrist is pretty sweet. Will keep you updated for sure. Thanks!
    There are a lot people who cannot understand or see the value in these devices, but once you start getting your notifications on your wrist and don't have to grab for your phone every 2 minutes you realize how convenient the technology is.

I have been using the Gear since last November, and I could never go back to just a plain wrist watch again. I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it so far.
    XChrisX likes this.
    04-30-2014 05:53 PM
    There are a lot people who cannot understand or see the value in these devices, but once you start getting your notifications on your wrist and don't have to grab for your phone every 2 minutes you realize how convenient the technology is.

I have been using the Gear since last November, and I could never go back to just a plain wrist watch again. I'm glad to hear you are enjoying it so far.
    After a few days with the Gear Fit I actually really like it. The pedometer and heart rate monitor seem fairly accurate and getting my notifications on my wrist is really convenient.
    04-30-2014 09:16 PM
31 12