Samsung Gear Fit not yet compatible with Galaxy S4 Android 4.2.2

markswan

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I just received my Samsung Gear Fit and found that my Galaxy S 4 is not yet compatible since it is Android 4.2.2. The Samsung support rep said that is only compatible with the S 5 right now and to wait a week. This is a known glitch, according to the rep. So I will be waiting, not so patiently and will keep trying. The way I found out was trying to find the Gear Fit Manager app in Samsung apps. I went to the apps website on my phone and got the message, "This phone is not compatible."

Saruthay Yin

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
I ran into the same issue. I've downloaded the APK for now until they fix the issue. So far it works fine for the basic features. Still can't get it to send data the fitness app " fitness with Gear". Hoping that will be fixed when they officially release it for the S4.

jaihawk

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
For those of you that have already received your Gear Fit, would you guys be interested in giving us a review of it? I'm mostly interested in how well it works during your workouts of measuring your heart rate, it's interaction with apps like MapMyFitness, etc... Everything that I've seen so far has just been the generic showing of the device when it was first announced and it would be nice to see it actually used in action and how well it does.

radebaxter

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I have received mine too from AT&T. I will also do a review after the official app is released. I downloaded it as well from sammobile.com. So far I do like it. Today they announced that they would have an update where you can see it vertically on the screen.

markswan

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Update. After live chat with Samsung, I got an update to 4.4.2. While the device is working now, upgrading from 4.2.2 has removed 75% of my apps. Samsung Apps is there but says service is unavailable. Gone is the Gmail app, Chrome browser, and the Google Play Store. Weird. So now I will spend some time trying to get most of it back on my phone. More later. I DO like the device, by the way.

Rebooted and everything is back! Phew!

Last edited:

zvalarens

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
i had the same issue when i got the gear fit on monday. i mean really the samsung website says compatible with 18 devices (i have the S4), and then i get it and it wont work. it took me 2+ hours on the phone with samsung and AT&T until they told me it wouldn't work unless i had the kit kat update. finally i got on a chat with a samsung rep who know what she was doing. she said the app was not released yet. I found the APK and am using that for now. i just have basic functions but i like it so far.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
For those of you that have already received your Gear Fit, would you guys be interested in giving us a review of it? I'm mostly interested in how well it works during your workouts of measuring your heart rate, it's interaction with apps like MapMyFitness, etc... Everything that I've seen so far has just been the generic showing of the device when it was first announced and it would be nice to see it actually used in action and how well it does.

I am interested in this as well. I have heard some people mentioning that the heart rate monitor only works if you're standing still, and that the pedometer only works part of the time, or miscalculates distances. However, I heard that a fix was coming for that. Let's hope so because I really want to get one, I'm just waiting on some solid reviews to see how the fitness portion is. I really want this thing for running, but will pass if they didn't nail the "fit" portion of this device.

kjane89

May 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm wondering if any of you can help me... I'm in Australia, have an S4 with Android 4.2.2 I've downloaded the Gear Fit Manager APK but when I open it my phone just keeps coming up with "Unfortunately, Gear Fit Manager has stopped working" and it won't work. Anybody else have this? Have I done something wrong? Thanks!

motorhead5673

Nov 30, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if this is applicable to everyone's problem above but my wife just got a gear fit to use with her S4. It worked for a day and then got the "Unfortunately gear fit manager has stopped" error. Turns out it was the password on the S Heath. Took out the password and it connects now. Hope this helps.

dustydirtroad

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
I have s4 mini and I can't download the manager.. says it's not compatable with my phone. Samsung tried to tell me my phone was off the black market and I got it from walmart and best buy also sells them. gt-i9192 they say it's not a US phone and I'd have to find out what country it was made in and get support from there.
Yep I'm a bit ticked. It will pair but won't communicate...with gearfit.
I have 4.4.2

thephoenix36

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I'm going through the same things with my Galaxy S5 mini. I was on the phone ALL MORNING with Samsung who in the end told me the Gear Fit was not compatible with my phone which they tell me came from Brazil. If this is the case, they need to be more clear about compatiblity issues. Has your issue been resolved?

John Stephens5

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
I have the S4 mini and also had compatibility issues. Went to best buy, att store, and online...no one could get the thing to work. downloaded all the right stuff...ended up sending the gear fit back. Looking forward to my next phone upgrade. The watch would connect but not pair. The watch was not defective as the best buy rep paired the watch with her galaxy s5.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital