1 week with Gear Fit it has replaced my Gear 2

dusty78

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
So I had a $75 reward zone gift card to best buy so snatched up a Gear Fit to go along with my Gear 2. After only a few days I am sold. So much so that my Gear 2 is already up on eBay. I like the simplicity of the gear fit. I never really got into the apps on the gear 2 as most were basically pointless. I like simple notifications and the ability to get notifications. Sometimes when gloved up seeing patients it's easier just to look at my wirst. I wear it on the inside of my wrist and find the heart rate monitor to be much more accurate reading directly off of my radial artery. I also missed wearing "real" watches so this affords me the ability to wear both. I have a watch collection worth tens of thousands so it just felt wrong leaving them at home for a $300 piece of plastic. Problem solved

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1404933578635.jpg
    FB_IMG_1404933578635.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 71

superairwolf

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat. Dozens of Swiss mechanicals left untouched for over a year.

Just got my gear fit. Yeah, I'm late in the cycle for the gear fit, but I've been happy with my smart watches - the Toq, the Moto 360, and the LG G Watch R, just last week.

All my mechanical watches have been languishing on their winders this past year and I really wanted to be able to wear them again, but just couldn't get myself to pull out my Note 3 from my pocket again every time it vibrates, after experiencing the convenience of notifications on my wrist with my smart watches. I "discovered" that the gear fit would bridge that gap. I realized it would allow me to enjoy my mechanicals again while wearing the gear fit on my right wrist, worn underhand.

I'm not interested in the fitness functions of the gear fit since I'm physically active already. The notifications on the gear fit satisfies my needs for remote notifications on my wrist while allowing me to wear my traditional mechanical watches. I'm just amazed the gear fit didn't catch my attention earlier this year. Truly is a gem for my needs.

Having said all these, I'm really hoping Samsung will enable a touch to wake functionality on the gear fit, just like on my smart watches. The gyroscope on the gear fit that's supposed to wake it up with a wrist motion is highly unreliable. I've tried all wrist positions both on my left and right wrists, in vain. Then again, it would turn itself on with random movements, which kills the battery. In my frustration, I decided to turn of the wrist gesture wake up feature.

Im wondering if there is a hardware limitation on the gear fit that will make it unlikely that Samsung will or can enable a touch to wake up functionality.

Despite this setback on waking up the gear fit, I'd buy it again in a heartbeat on top of my other smart watches. At its original SRP $200, I don't think I'd have jumped at it, but for the price I got it yesterday, $125 tax included, I think its an absolute bargain for what it does right now. Can't think of anything else that it would need that will make me wait for a Gear Fit 2.

My good old mechanicals on my left wrist and the gear fit on my right worn below the wrist. Now I'm able to get and see my notifications without looking like a geek. Best of both worlds!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I've used the Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo and the Gear Fit. Just yesterday I swapped my Gear 2 Neo with a relative to get back my Fit. I like all the functions of the Gear 2 Neo but the fact is, when I examine how I used it, I realize that the fit would probably work just fine for my needs and it's lighter and more comfortable to wear. I wouldn't mind having S Voice on it but no big deal. I too am in it mostly for the notifications and of course the time. Loving the Fit....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz