Can I damage Fit2 by charging it using the "Fast Charging" charger that came with my Note 5 or 7?

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Can I damage Fit2 by charging it using the "Fast Charging" charger that came with my Note 5 or 7?

Can I damage the Fit2 by charging it using the "Fast Charging" charger
that came with my Note 5 or Note 7?

I know those chargers only fast charge with compatible phones like my
Note 5 or Note 7, but what if the charger goes haywire and charges the
Fit2 with too much juice?(much higher voltage)

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can I damage Fit2 by charging it using the "Fast Charging" charger that came with my Note 5 or 7

It shouldn't be a problem. Devices draw current--the chargers don't push current into the device. So the device will only draw the current it needs. I routinely use the quick charger from my ASUS Zenfone 2 on all kinds of devices.

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can I damage Fit2 by charging it using the "Fast Charging" charger that came with my Note 5 or 7

^^This^^

Devices draw what they need. I am using my OEM charger for the Fit 2 and it works perfectly. I'd expect the same from the 3rd party wall warts as well.

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

^^This^^

Devices draw what they need. I am using my OEM charger for the Fit 2 and it works perfectly. I'd expect the same from the 3rd party wall warts as well.

third party chargers? I've always been afraid of them
because I heard some of them output 1.21 gigawatts.

1dbd_flux_capacitor_car_charger.gif

billykac

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site

Only when you wire your Flux Capacitor in series with the power supply. :)

badkitties

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Only when you wire your Flux Capacitor in series with the power supply. :)

I was always amused by that flux capacitor charger because it has two outputs... 1A and 2.1A... (like 1 and 21, as in 1.21 gigawatts) yes, I know that must make me sound like a dork(guilty as charged) :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Whoa, this is heavy.:p

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

I never use third party unless they have proven safe. I have several well-made charging plates that are third party, but have been used safely for years. Same with my TYLT. Does a great job and turns off after charging. All my wireless plates do. As for cables - not so much. I use Sammy's or Ammy's without fail. No third party for me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie