Has anyone used their Gearfit 2 in hiking mode?
    I've done a lot of web searching and can't find any reviews on how well this works on the GF2.

My biggest questions are:
    How accurate is the distance?
    Can you see your altitude?
    GPS coordinates visible?

I know the GF2 won't replace a real hiking watch like the Fenix or Suunto but if it does an ok'ish job at it I just might pull the trigger and get a GF2.
    I currently have a MS Band2 and it does an OK job, but its falling apart and I'll need something new soon...

Thanks!
    10-05-2016 09:20 AM
    Has anyone used their Gearfit 2 in hiking mode?
    I've done a lot of web searching and can't find any reviews on how well this works on the GF2.

My biggest questions are:
    How accurate is the distance?
    Can you see your altitude?
    GPS coordinates visible?

I know the GF2 won't replace a real hiking watch like the Fenix or Suunto but if it does an ok'ish job at it I just might pull the trigger and get a GF2.
    I currently have a MS Band2 and it does an OK job, but its falling apart and I'll need something new soon...

Thanks!
    I've been looking and can't find any specifics on the Hiking mode within any review. However, the Gear Fit 2 does track elevation, map distance (not sure about display coordinates), or distance accuracy (I'm sure it's about same or better than any other wearable with GPS/distance tracking.

I'll keep an eye out for more information. In the meantime, let us know if you purchase it and shed some light on those questions.
    10-05-2016 11:31 AM
    I bought mine just for hiking, it mostly works.
    The watch shows everything like any trekking watch, and it even talks every km, telling you some data like
    Distance travelled, time elapsed, heartrate. My only gripe is it always says elevation is "0 meters", yet the display shows the right number. Obviously GPS is on since distance, steps and elevation all work on the display.

Other negatives are it only lasts 3-4 hours with everything going, including mp3 player via Bluetooth.
    Useless for an all day trek.
    10-24-2016 07:29 AM
    I bought mine just for hiking, it mostly works.
    The watch shows everything like any trekking watch, and it even talks every km, telling you some data like
    Distance travelled, time elapsed, heartrate. My only gripe is it always says elevation is "0 meters", yet the display shows the right number. Obviously GPS is on since distance, steps and elevation all work on the display.

Other negatives are it only lasts 3-4 hours with everything going, including mp3 player via Bluetooth.
    Useless for an all day trek.
    Thanks, that's the kinda info I was looking for!
    I think I'm going to save up and buy a real hiking watch and not mess around with cheap alternatives...
    11-08-2016 09:56 AM