Swimming With Gear Fit 2

IrishAyes

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I asked for, and received the Gear Fit 2 for Christmas, having researched it and learning that it is water proof and safe for swimming.

I have turned "on" the swimming exercise in the SHealth app, but when I want to choose what exercise I am doing on the Gear Fit watch, swimming is not one of the many pre-loaded exercises. I'm disappointed that I cannot choose swimming as one of my exercises, as this is why I asked for this in the first place.

Any apps that will let me track my swimming?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
No phone or watch is waterproof, some are water-resistant. That means that a watch on your wrist, constantly getting slapped into the water, is going to get wet inside - and then you'll have a non-repairable watch. IOW, don't wear it while swimming (or while in water at all).

djurkash

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
GF2 IS NOT intended for swimming, only for occasional contact with water such as sweating, rain drops etc...For swimming you need something like 50m water resistance, and devices such as Garmin is having in its portfolio

djurkash

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Well, I don't know where you saw that one, but if you go to official Samsung GF2 page and scroll down to specs and show more, you'll see it is IP68 certified, which means it can be underwater for 30 minutes at depths of up to 1.5m...and that's it, theoretically, a single swim swing can cause higher water pressure than what IP68 supports...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12