Gear fit2 will not connect remotely when it used to do so beautifully

MommaA

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
Wifi on and recognized. Used to be able to disconnect Bluetooth and within 10 seconds connect via recognized wifi. Now will only connect via Bluetooth, and when out of Bluetooth range disconnects even with wifi on and recognized. Using the gear app to tap connections, will only connect via BT. Remote connection will switch to on, but once BT disconnected, remote instantly switches off.

MommaA

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
Wifi on and recognized. Used to be able to disconnect Bluetooth and within 10 seconds connect via recognized wifi. Now will only connect via Bluetooth, and when out of Bluetooth range disconnects even with wifi on and recognized. Using the gear app to tap connections, will only connect via BT. Remote connection will switch to on, but once BT disconnected, remote instantly switches off.

MommaA

Mar 20, 2017
Visit site
I have found that I do need to reconnect through Bluetooth wait a few seconds and then disconnect Bluetooth and make sure that before I do Wi-Fi network is on and recognized (see network name). When I come back in my house after being away from my Wi-Fi, even with Wi-Fi on, I find I still need to click on the Wi-Fi connections and make sure it says the network name. If not, tap on that and it reconnects . No factory reset needed, Samsung....

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1