Gear Fit 2: White Static Screen while on Charger

Bionica

Aug 3, 2017
Visit site
This just started today: while on the charger, my Gear Fit 2 displays a white static screen; it actually almost looks like a barcode--lots of horizontal lines, gray and white, (they look vertical, because the watch is sideways when on the charger)--but it's definitely not one.

L6lsNeC.jpg

This does not happen right away; upon being placed on the charger, the watch first shows the screen with the time and the percentage of charge. This then fades out after a few seconds, and almost immediately, the static screen appears.
But it doesn't just appear; it actually wipes, like a video transition, from the top of the watch to the bottom (but, again, the watch is sideways, so it looks like it's wiping in a horizontal direction).
And then it just sits there; the white/gray static screen doesn't fade out.

This worries me. Can anybody help me figure out what's going on?

ccomley

Jun 19, 2017
Visit site
Is it otherwise working as it should? When not on charge the display works, etc. Does the "Barcode" stay there all the time or eventually disappear.

What SHOULD happen after the percent-charge display when you first put it on the charger is that should fade down to a very faint "lightning" icon showing its charging. Once it's full the lightning icon should disappear leaving the screen totally blank.

I wonder if the icon graphic has become corrupt somehow.

Bionica

Aug 3, 2017
Visit site
I can get the lightning bolt to appear if I try charging with the power off...but, much as with the power on, the white-static barcode still shows up.

Surely there must be a way to tell Gear Fit 2 to just keep the screen off while charging!

kaypinn98

Aug 15, 2018
Visit site
I just "inherited" a gear fit 2 and had a similar problem. Along with slow charging, short battery life, and the device getting very hot while charging or being used. I opened the device up and wiped down all the contacts lightly with a cotton swab (including the ribbon connecters and the little golden pins that touch the motherboard to the casing. There are three on one side and two on the other.) I noticed the two on one side looked flatter than the other three and carefully pulled them up ever so slightly with a pry tool and then connected everything back together and closed the device up. I've been using it for about a week now with no problems at all. Seems to have fixed the issue although I'm not quite sure if pulling the pins up was what fixed it. Hopefully it helps if anyone is still having this issue!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463