Connect to phones with <1.5G RAM

tupdegrove

Dec 9, 2017
Visit site
Samsung Gear Fit 2 smartwatch couldn’t connect (via Bluetooth) to Samsung Gear app on Motorola G (1st gen) phone. Turns out, phone needs 1.5 GB RAM and phone only has 1 GB. Here are the steps to get the connection working:

• On PC, download Samsung Gear, Samsung Gear Fit2 Plugin, and Samsung Accessory Service apps from apkpure web site which has the latest versions.
  • Use “file manager” and double-click on Gear app apk to open the archive. Go to assets folder. Double-click to open rules.xml for editing. For me, it opened in Geany (IDE tool).
  • Find the Gear Fit 2 Plugin section. Add ‘hostMinMemory="0"’ (without single quotes) to the Gear Fit 2 line like below.
    <item icon="gm_managerdevices_list_ic_gearfit2" supportNonSamsung="true" hostMinMemory="0" supportTablet="false">Gear Fit2</item>
  • Save file. Believe some question popped up about saving archive or something. Select Yes. Noticed the archive timestamp was updated which is good.
  • All three download files (one updated and two unchanged) must be digitally re-signed.
  • Attach phone to PC via USB cable and copy all three files to phone. Location doesn’t matter. I put them in backups/apps.
  • On phone, download and install ZipSigner (free) and APK Editor (free) from Google Play store.
  • Run Zipsigner. Use the “Input” tab to find one of the three files. Copy the same name as the output file name. Select “platform” for Key/Mode. Select “Sign the File” to re-sign.
  • Using “file manager” on phone, rename output signed file. I added “signed” near the beginning of the file name so it was easily recognizable.
  • Tried to install signed apk file but got “app not installed”. Need to use APK Editor app on phone to mark where to store (I think) app. Run APK Editor, select APK file to change which is newly signed apk, select Common Edit in the popup choices, select “Internal Only” for Install Location, and select Save. There will be a “Succeed” message. Select “Install” at the bottom of this same screen. You should see “App Installed”. Repeat for other two files. One file may have already have had “Internal Only”. Not positive but may have just installed this file.
  • After signing all three files and installing them, Samsung Gear app should find watch and connect.

jco23

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Gear Fit 2 smartwatch couldn’t connect (via Bluetooth) to Samsung Gear app on Motorola G (1st gen) phone. Turns out, phone needs 1.5 GB RAM and phone only has 1 GB. Here are the steps to get the connection working:

• On PC, download Samsung Gear, Samsung Gear Fit2 Plugin, and Samsung Accessory Service apps from apkpure web site which has the latest versions.
  • Use “file manager” and double-click on Gear app apk to open the archive. Go to assets folder. Double-click to open rules.xml for editing. For me, it opened in Geany (IDE tool).
  • Find the Gear Fit 2 Plugin section. Add ‘hostMinMemory="0"’ (without single quotes) to the Gear Fit 2 line like below.
    <item icon="gm_managerdevices_list_ic_gearfit2" supportNonSamsung="true" hostMinMemory="0" supportTablet="false">Gear Fit2</item>
  • Save file. Believe some question popped up about saving archive or something. Select Yes. Noticed the archive timestamp was updated which is good.
  • All three download files (one updated and two unchanged) must be digitally re-signed.
  • Attach phone to PC via USB cable and copy all three files to phone. Location doesn’t matter. I put them in backups/apps.
  • On phone, download and install ZipSigner (free) and APK Editor (free) from Google Play store.
  • Run Zipsigner. Use the “Input” tab to find one of the three files. Copy the same name as the output file name. Select “platform” for Key/Mode. Select “Sign the File” to re-sign.
  • Using “file manager” on phone, rename output signed file. I added “signed” near the beginning of the file name so it was easily recognizable.
  • Tried to install signed apk file but got “app not installed”. Need to use APK Editor app on phone to mark where to store (I think) app. Run APK Editor, select APK file to change which is newly signed apk, select Common Edit in the popup choices, select “Internal Only” for Install Location, and select Save. There will be a “Succeed” message. Select “Install” at the bottom of this same screen. You should see “App Installed”. Repeat for other two files. One file may have already have had “Internal Only”. Not positive but may have just installed this file.
  • After signing all three files and installing them, Samsung Gear app should find watch and connect.

thank you so much for this. I tried this on my galaxy tablet (E), but when I installed the app, I got an error message that my device has been modified and could not run. I got this same error on both a rooted and unrooted device.

would you be so kind to provide the APK file you used?

thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles