I ususally use Broda Rocketeer face. But for a particular job last week I needed a nice clear quick to read digital display of the time including seconds. Not too many faces offer that. I ended up with one called "12/24 Hyperspace". Did exactly what I wanted. Nice clear layout. Emphasis on time and date not on "fitness" data (we don't all obsess about step count 24/7) but...

the watch battery was running down in less than a day! I ran the face over a three day weekend and every day I was struggling to get back home before it insisted on going on power-saving mode.

Back to Rocketeer and it's back to lasting 2+ days on a full charge.

Any idea if this is just down to the amount of pixels lit on the screen, or something else in the face design that eats power?
    02-27-2018 02:22 AM
    My guess would be that something in that particular face was consuming too much CPU. It could be a general flaw in that app (watch face) but I suspect it may have just gotten "stuck" in a loop using up CPU. I've had a few different faces behave that way, and then be fine after rebooting the band (or potentially even after selecting a different face and then changing back again).

I use that Hyperspace face sometimes, and also a few Broda faces, among others. I'd try rebooting the band and seeing if things work better for you.
    02-27-2018 11:15 PM
    Good idea - if/when I next need it (and, now I've paid 87p for it, I want my money's worth!! :-) ) I'll try restarting to see if it helps.
    02-28-2018 07:21 AM