Gear Live Ordered!

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Got my Play Order Receipt at 7:09PM Eastern time yesterday.

Reasons I went with Samsung:

-Extra pixels. 320x320 vs 280x280 on the LG with the same size screen
-HR monitor
-SAMOLED - likely better viewing angles and lower power
-Not Samsung's first smartwatch (no first gen manufacturing issues hopefully)
-Samsung dominates the smartwatch market currently
-Samsung smartwatches currently have good unlocking and rom support, likely will have great dev support as well
-Cheap. Good for my wallet and good for developer adoption

Things I liked on the G

-Battery
-Aesthetics

Things I don't like on the Samsung

-Aesthetics

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
+1 everything you said.....

I will more than likely go with the Samsung since I think it does look better than the LG and for the features to price point aspect, it is better aligned.

The only thing I am concerned about, and is kind of petty, the the watchband. The pin and snap hold closure that the watchband has makes me wonder if it will wear out quickly over time and if it would be easy to snag the band on something and it come loose and fall off your wrist. I am sure the band can be replaced with a different one, but it was just something that I noticed in the pictures.

MLdroidN4

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Just pre-ordered the Gear Live. Although it's just to be used as a placeholder until the Moto 360 comes out. Have always hated Samsung Galaxy products with a passion, but this one running Android Wear without(hopefully) any skins on it gets my money over the G watch.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Can you guys take pics and post your thoughts when you receive them? I'm on the fence about ordering a gear live while I wait for the 360.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I'm not positive what Googles return policy is, but I assume I'll have to pay for return shipping.

Oh and yeah, I ordered.

Posted via Android Central App

T-Rob

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm not positive what Googles return policy is, but I assume I'll have to pay for return shipping.

Oh and yeah, I ordered.

It's on Google Play for all to read, but in a nutshell...they will take it back, but you will not be reimbursed for shipping.

Jeff Stroup

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I couldn't wait and pulled the trigger and got the Live. If I like it, I'll probably get a replacement watch band. I'm going to sell my Pebble Steel and my Gear 2 Neo on eBay. The Pebble is too boring now and Tizen is essentially dead with the roll out of Android Wear. I'm looking forward to the Moto 360. Can't wait to see what's on the market a year from now. I predict lots of big names will be rushing to the market as this new category takes off. Oh, and I spent the extra dough and got next day shipping.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised how much I'm looking forward to this thing. Hope it's not a let down...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

phatboy29m

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the Gear Live today. I'm gonna give it a test run for a week and if I like it better than my Neo, I'm gonna sell the Neo.

DaEXfactoR

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
yup, just ordered mine. it seems that they actually mirror one another in functionality, which will probably be the case with most Android Wear watches. I guess the Samsung does have the AMOLED display and the heart rate monitor. But the reason i went with the Gear Live was simply because it was more aesthetically pleasing to me..

AlKuqo

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I have been spending numerous amount of hours online trying to Google whether the new Samsung Gear Live can make and receive calls when its connected to the phone.

I had the Samsung Gear 2 Neo and I could use that to talk to and hear the person I was talking to.
I sent that back because I was excited for Android Wear and orders the Samsung Gear Live and am now waiting to receive it.
I'll be really disappointed if I can't use it as a phone.

Oh and I read every thread on it and no one has answered it yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon