Where to buy the Gear Live

GeekMoxie

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious of the same thing.

So far I've seen that the LG G Watch is going to be in stores (they have it showing up on Best Buy's website already) but I didn't see anything about the Gear Live. I'm hoping Best Buy carries it as they have dedicated Samsung areas, so it would be dumb not to.

I'm going to swing by BB today and ask the Samsung rep. I'll post back any info I'm able to get.

GeekMoxie

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I swung by Best Buy and spoke with the Samsung Rep.

At the time of our conversation, she had no indication that they would be receiving the Gear Live for the store. Sadly, she hadn't even heard of it until today and began researching when I explained to her what it is (She also had no idea what Android Wear was). I guess not all reps are gadgeteers...

Regardless, she said that they have not been informed about receiving the watches. We were discussing how odd it was that Best Buy was going to have the LG G Watch in store, but Samsung won't have any competition to offer.

On that note - my Best Buy store didn't have the LG G Watches out earlier either.

Zylograth

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
They are both supposed to be available for purchase starting today on the Play store, which now shows ships in 1-2 business days. As well as Best Buy and Amazon. Although so far I can only find mention of the LG G watch, I have not seen any updates on BB or Amazon for the Gear Live.

John Wiskowski

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
Confirm that no Best Buy locally has G Watch or Gear Live. I decided to just order the Gear Live from the Play Store.
Hoping to have it tomorrow :)

Zylograth

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
I did the same. I called a local BB in Tampa and they said they were out of stock, which makes me think they had some and were sold to people waiting in line. Just gave up and ordered from Play store with 1 day shipping.

GeekMoxie

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I called my Best Buy today to see if anything popped up, the LG is still in "Pre-Order" status and the Gear Live is MIA.

However, one thing I noticed on Best Buy's website is that when I search for the "Samsung Gear Live" there is an Android Wear logo with an announcement that it is "Coming Soon". Who knows when that will be.

aokusman1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
This is just bad marketing. They cant get the release day straight and then no in store availability. Most people want to see what they are buying first. Just plane stupid not to have it in stores.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol