Text Messaging

MrCat2000

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Do I have some setting wrong or something? Whenever I get a text, I swipe and only get the option to send it to the phone, I get no option to reply. Is that normal? Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

chadwick108

May 17, 2011
Visit site
I see that it looks like you are using HTC one m8. If using device other than Samsung supported devices functionality is limited. I think there are ways around it with rooting but not sure since I have S4 and Gear

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I see that it looks like you are using HTC one m8. If using device other than Samsung supported devices functionality is limited. I think there are ways around it with rooting but not sure since I have S4 and Gear

this is not accurate at all. it has nothing to do with the brand of the phone, it is related to the messaging app you're using. hangouts works fully, and unfortunately its the only sms app i use.

kwijybo

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Standard (stock) SMS cannot be responded to on watch. I found this out a few days ago. I switched to Hangouts SMS (I didn't want to) and all seems just fine actually. All works very well.

Devhux

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Makes sense since Google isn't really updating the stock app anymore (since they want people to switch to Hangouts). I'm sure 3rd party SMS apps will add Android Wear functionality down the road.

AllanL1

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
The standard messaging app on my Galaxy S4 wasn't working either on my Gear Live. It would notify me that a text was available and to go to the phone to read and respond to it. I switched yesterday to the EvolveSMS app and it works fine for me. I'm now able to read and respond to texts from the Gear Live.

MrCat2000

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Thanks all. Changed default sms on phone to Hangouts and it works just fine now.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Heybisco

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Having some issues with my Gear Live when I try to text. Certain people I can text just fine from my watch, but others, I get a message "Sorry, that didn't work. Try again". I can't for the life of me figure out why only why I can text some of my contacts. Anybody having similar issues? Any solutions?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma