"OK Google" text on watch face is annoying

cdpayne

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,

I just got my Gear Live a few days ago. I'm enjoying it, but one seemingly small thing is bothering me a lot. When I activate the screen, that anoying "OK Google" text shows on top of the watch face for a few seconds, and goes away just barely before the active screen times out and goes back to the dim screen. Sorry Android....but part of the allure of this watch is it looking cool. I just want a nice watch face to be showing when I look to see what time it is. The "OK Google" text totally ruins that look for me. I get that you might want that to show to remind people that they can just say "OK Google"....but....I get it now....and I don't need that reminder everytime I look at my watch to see what time it is.

Does ANYONE know if there's a way to turn off that "OK Google" text, without disabling the function itself?

Thanks in advance!

-Chris

mr_nobody

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I think if you say "ok google", it will go away for a while. However, if you don't make a habit of saying "ok google" to your watch, it will come back again after a while.

cdpayne

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the answer....that's a real shame. I think I need to send an email to the developers of this O/S, and suggest a firmware update. Hope they listen.

Xingularity

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
OK google is there to let you know that it is listening. Like on the phone. If the mike is solid white then google now is available to use. If it us only outlined then it is not. If the watch did not have that visual que then you could potentially be trying to talk to your watch and it might not be listening or lost connection to the service.

Posted via the Android Central App