I have had my Samsung Gear Live Smartwatch for 4 months. The watch itself is great. Using the Watchmaker app, you can customize to do exactly what you want.

The biggest negative is the charging cradle. It is a very poor design in which you have to clip on the cradle. After 3 months of use the very small prominence that hold the cradle to the phone wore away. Samsung was very poor with replacing this - basically refusing without sending everything back to them, even though it is just a plastic cradle. Took 5 calls over a month to come to this final result (the first 4 calls told me that they would send a replacement cradle, but it never came and finally an account rep told me they wouldn't do it).

Anyone else with similar poor customer support from Samsung?
    03-05-2015 04:09 PM
    Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes and a thousand other yeses from a thousand other people, its a design fault and as a design engineer have already made a retrofit thin metal clip that can be used with your existing broken cradle/battery.
    If I can make one I'm sure they can make one and send it out free of charge.
    The gear s was a chance to beat apple to the winning line and release the first stand alone watch phone, so come on Samsung try and keep the good reputation the Samsung gear s has
    Some one should start a petition on SAMSUNG GEAR S forums.
    04-25-2015 01:52 AM
    Google replaced my Gear Live after the watch side broke on mine. I bought it from the Play store.

Thread about it...

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=508035

Mine was a very early model - perhaps they beefed up the plastic on the case and now the cradles are breaking instead of the watch cases?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    05-19-2015 07:43 AM