Anyone get 5.1.1 yet?

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Judging by the fact that none of the Gear Live OTA files have been extracted and posted in the wild, I'm guessing not. Still worth asking though...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

myrickspc

Jan 25, 2013
Visit site
I got it a few minutes ago on my Samsung Gear Live however, it does not work as promised. My phone and watch are on the same wifi network and it does not connect when the phone is out of range. I have followed all the Google troubleshooting guides with no luck. The rest of the updates features are pretty slick.

Czeresniak

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Received the update early this morning. Turned off Bluetooth to test the WiFi and seems to work well. Now just need to find the time to see if it works far away from the phone on a 2 different WiFi networks.
screen.png

mauswaraman

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
I select "System Updates" on my Gear Live and it IMMEDIATELY goes to "System Up to date". There is no time laps at all for it to check for updates. Shouldn't it do some searching for an update instead of going instantly to the Up to date screen?

speedy1979

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
I have come to believe that the check for "System Updates" button on android wear is kind of like the "close door" button on the elevator. It doesn't actually do anything, but it gives the user the illusion of control.

speedy1979

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
If you actually back all the way out of settings and quit, then back in tapping thru to About, it does seen to take a bit of time. If you have a task manager installed, you can quit Settings and try again.
It doesn't seem to make a difference tho :(

What I did to get mine to update is perform a factory reset then pairing then check for update. Rinse & Repeat until finally checking for an update yielded a downloading message.

Carlos Probst

May 31, 2015
Visit site
I tried the link for the OTA file but upon download, the .ZIP file is invalid. Perhaps I had better be patient and wait for my Gear Live to let me know when it is good and ready to be updated to Android Wear 5.1.1. Then again, with the horror stories about battery life post upgrade, do I want to tempt fate with the Gear Live's already iffy battery life?

Shabadage

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I received it yesterday, and I'll be damned if my battery life hasn't gone to crap. I used to get 1.5 days out of the thing (not always on, theater mode at bedtime) now I'm getting maybe a day. Hasn't revolutionized my usage of the watch, but wasn't expecting it to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34