11-08-2014 02:46 PM
44 12
tools
    U.S. I pre-ordered it from Mobilefun. Will cancel if better options show up the next few weeks.
    Gotcha. My opinion is that you definitely don't need to preorder. There's about 10 people left who care about this product, HAHA! I'm kidding...just annoyed that the US has not heard anything. By the time they launch we'll be waiting for the Gear S2.
    CehowardNote7 likes this.
    10-16-2014 04:05 PM
    About 1 minute in, is that a different sized SIM card to the one you'd find in the Galaxy Note 3? I'm hoping not but there seems to be a comparison going on between two SIM cards?
    Correct, there appears to be a different sim card than the ones from the Note 3, S5, etc; a bit smaller too. I think a different sim card is needed cuz of the new phone number associated with it. Besides, I would be annoyed if I have to constantly pop the back cover of both devices and swap with the same sim card. Samsung featuring Call Forwarding makes more sense now.
    10-16-2014 05:07 PM
    Correct, there appears to be a different sim card than the ones from the Note 3, S5, etc; a bit smaller too. I think a different sim card is needed cuz of the new phone number associated with it. Besides, I would be annoyed if I have to constantly pop the back cover of both devices and swap with the same sim card. Samsung featuring Call Forwarding makes more sense now.
    No one would buy it if we had to swap sim cards...wouldn't you say that defeats the purpose or value of the standalone watch?
    10-16-2014 06:41 PM
    Well, I went and saw the Gear S for the first time about 30 minutes ago. It was a black one, non-functioning, because I think their charger was not working. So I did not get to see the working screen but did try it one. I love it!!! My impression was that it's larger but nothing too crazy. I like big watches though. If you are used to tiny watches you will probably hate the size...or if you are a smaller person. Now, I didn't get to try on a white one yet, but my feeling is the black will be more masculine and better for everyday use. The way I see it, this watch will get a lot of attention already...adding white says "look at me" and could take it over the top if you work in a professional environment. Now, changing to a white band one the weekend might be fun!! I am saying all of this based on only seeing the black one.

Lastly, I feel let down after the long wait because one, I asked them if they have any clue when its launching. They said no. Second, they had a non working display. Thats weak bcausee I have heard other people say this too.

All in all I love the watch...cannot wait to hear some news from Samsung. This is silly already.

I will post a pic later.
    10-17-2014 03:25 PM
    I am interested in the Gear S as well. Thanks for the update.
    10-17-2014 05:27 PM
    $449???!!! <dead faint>
    10-17-2014 08:30 PM
    It's a tradeoff, I think. The screen is to die for, and it is noticeably most impressive; great for scrolling and reading long text and email. Personally, I don't mind the size, but can understand why some others think it's too big. Perhaps for those people, if the width is more narrow....perhaps Samsung can come up with a smaller variant later.
    $449???!!! <dead faint>
    Unless I missed something price has not been confirmed.
    10-17-2014 10:58 PM
    Yeah but I have two phones, one personal (Note 3) and one work (S4). So I have two SIMs already and I like the idea of the Gear S so I can get rid of the S4 and rely on the gear S instead. It's a deal breaker for me if I can't use my existing SIM / number in the watch.
    10-21-2014 05:04 PM
    Relax. That's just a nano SIM (the one iPhone 5 first used IIRC) which is a standard SIM these days and plenty of phones use it. Samsungs are probably still use micro SIM which is slightly bigger. There are tools you can buy really cheap to trim down a micro SIM to became Nano SIM. In fact most tool today let you trim a regular mini SIM to micro SIM then to Nano SIM. If you keep the left over plastics, you can then adapter them back to larger size SIMs if you need to fit them back to phones using larger format SIM cards. The all have the same internal and contacts (which is what nano SIM covers) just different plastic surrounding sizes.
    10-21-2014 09:00 PM
    I went to the AT&T store today. They didn't have it on display because it won't be released until the 7th. But it is $300 or $199 on 2 year contract. plus$10/month for service. (on a mobile share plan)
    They didn't have much info on it yet, but should later in the week when they get the display watch to play with.
    reesh11 and Sammuel1973 like this.
    11-01-2014 08:04 PM
    About 1 minute in, is that a different sized SIM card to the one you'd find in the Galaxy Note 3? I'm hoping not but there seems to be a comparison going on between two SIM cards?
    Gear S takes nano sims Note 3 takes micro

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-02-2014 11:25 AM
    I went to the AT&T store today. They didn't have it on display because it won't be released until the 7th. But it is $300 or $199 on 2 year contract. plus$10/month for service. (on a mobile share plan)
    They didn't have much info on it yet, but should later in the week when they get the display watch to play with.
    $300 Bought on sight

11-02-2014 11:27 AM
    +1. I am reluctant to by on contract even if my unlimited plan is not an issue because this is such a new category but at $300 out the door, the only issue is how it looks on my arm.
    11-02-2014 11:32 AM
    Whoooohooo!
    11-02-2014 03:28 PM
    I picked mine up today 199/2 yr contract. This watch is gorgeous....I am super stoked.
    11-06-2014 02:18 PM
    I picked mine up today 199/2 yr contract. This watch is gorgeous....I am super stoked.
    Where did you get it from? AT&T, T-mobile, Best Buy?
    11-06-2014 02:21 PM
    Which carrier? And the contract is $10/month, right?
    11-06-2014 02:41 PM
    Live it. Android Wear had a lot of catch up to do

11-06-2014 03:09 PM
    I just got the Gear S yesterday. I had the Gear 2 NEO. This watch is a big improvement across the board, in my opinion. Kind of like going from the Note 2 to the Note 3. Everything just works better. And, the option of having a standalone phone, wifi, 3G etc. is a nice bonus. But, I would be happy with it without the 3G phone, wifi and so on.
    11-08-2014 02:46 PM
44 12