Samsung Gear S arrival in Saint Louis Metro area now

Dante314

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
My fiance works at At&T in the Saint Louis Metro area and just called to tell me that they received 3 gear S watches literally a few minutes ago. There is a Samsung Rep in store she's about ask 100 questions and she will let me know what was discussed on her lunch break. I'm on T-Mobile and need to know if I'll be able to us a watch from her store.

Posted via the Android Central App

rellim

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Great news....but I'm beginning to wonder if Samsung is going to ship enough Gear S units, or will there be shortages like the Note 4 debacle in the Maryland/DC area.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
My fiance works at At&T in the Saint Louis Metro area and just called to tell me that they received 3 gear S watches literally a few minutes ago. There is a Samsung Rep in store she's about ask 100 questions and she will let me know what was discussed on her lunch break. I'm on T-Mobile and need to know if I'll be able to us a watch from her store.

Yes!!! I have to go to Fairview Heights IL to buy. Please report back all that you find out lol.

From my smokin' hot Note 4

Dante314

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Fairview Heights is her store lol, she told me the Rep stated the watches are not carrier specific. I'm trying to get information on colors now.

Dante314

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Great news....but I'm beginning to wonder if Samsung is going to ship enough Gear S units, or will there be shortages like the Note 4 debacle in the Maryland/DC area.

Idk, it appears there may be. I literally have had my gear 2 only 2 months but I'm now officially hooked on wearables. I have the Note 3 with the Zero Lemon extended battery and not having to pull that beast out of my pocket all the time has been a God send!! Idk if I will keep my Gear 2 or throw it on Craigslist.

Dante314

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Only color they have is black, I'm trying to get information on their next shipment. Only 3 makes me think shortages are going to be a sad reality.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping small demand for the watch, but living in Austin and being a high tech city, I'm hoping I don't have to resort to online shopping. I spoke to a rep and she did confirm $299 purchase outright. She wasn't sure if the watch would work with a number separate from the phone's number. I really don't want to pay for a another data line when I have one now I hardly use for my tablet. Here's to waiting on Friday. Wish online sale opened tomorrow for delivery Friday. That would be awesome.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Yea I prefer to order online then pick up in an instance like this. However I do believe personally the watches have to be carrier specific since they are standalone with data connections. I'm looking to switch my iPad out for this.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
It is also in my experience that Samsung reps are not very knowledgeable lol. The guy at the Fairview Heights BB knows -100% about product releases etc. Looking to pick it up Friday at BB (he claimed they didn't have a release date yet). I'm keeping an eye on both websites though lol

Dante314

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Yea I prefer to order online then pick up in an instance like this. However I do believe personally the watches have to be carrier specific since they are standalone with data connections. I'm looking to switch my iPad out for this.

I was thinking the same thing but I'd like to assume Samsung has actually trained their representatives to be knowledgeable on their product. I guess we will all know Friday one way or another. Let's just hope bestbuy receives more than 3 as they will all be gone by noon. If they are carrier specific that's going to make the situation worse.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

I was told by the AT&T rep the SIM card is not required and can be used only by bluetooth

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I was told by the AT&T rep the SIM card is not required and can be used only by bluetooth

See I was told the exact opposite. This is why I don't trust anything reps say. Sheesh...

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Oh boy, it has started!! :D

I am hoping that Tmobile will do like they did with the Note 4. Give its customers a shot to get the Gear S a little earlier. I have already put in for an email when they have it, and checking their site several times a day.

Droidful

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
I remember when I was part of the working class and couldn't wait for the newest tech gadget.

Retired now so I will live vicariously through XDA anticipating your newsت

d_godha

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I was able to buy one at att store today afternoon. Black. Haven't got a chance to start it though. Got it for 299 plus 10$ monthly plan.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I called the Fairview Heights store today. The guy I talked to didn't know how many they had but confirmed the $299 price. Looks like I'm going to have to try to buy online for in store pickup from BB. Wish me luck!

ougum1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Just back from AT&T store in Raleigh, NC. Store associate said he doubt they would have them for sale on Friday. Said no one had spoken to any of them about release date being Friday. I give up. Gonna spend the planned money on a new iPad

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary