The Official: I have my Gear S thread! Reviews, etc.

Damien J

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I got mine earlier today from a corporate store in Pleasanton, CA. I paid $326 otd.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 20141106_124956.jpg
    20141106_124956.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 44

brandonh1

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Okay, mine has been charging for the last 20 min or so, so I took it off the charger, tried turning it on and it did come back on briefly before saying: battery critically low. Please charge. It then shut off again.

Apparently, this thing has some juice out of the box, but then needs a serious recharge.
I tried charging for about 45min, but screen is still garbled and unresponsive. Will leave it overnight and see what I get.

Thanks for the info.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Okay, mine has been charging for the last 20 min or so, so I took it off the charger, tried turning it on and it did come back on briefly before saying: battery critically low. Please charge. It then shut off again.

Apparently, this thing has some juice out of the box, but then needs a serious recharge.

Remember you are charging both the dock and the phone at the same time

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
New issue:

Have no clue how to get the Gear S to work with voicemail and Google Voice for that matter.

In voicemail number settings on the Gear S it says 'no numbers'.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
New issue:

Have no clue how to get the Gear S to work with voicemail and Google Voice for that matter.

In voicemail number settings on the Gear S it says 'no numbers'.

Not sure. Mine was preset with the ATT default number

Michael Maloney1

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
WHAT THE HELL!!! Why is Verizon charging $349 on contract and $399 off contract when AT&T is only charging 199 on contract and 299 without? why is verizon so admn expensive. i want to buy this off contract but not for 400!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $299 is perfect. so now do i have to buy one from t-mobile or att and have a seperate month to month plan which in the end will cost me more thant he $5 a month i will pay from verizon. WTF verizon. do you really not want to sell this watch.

roninksb

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone who has purchased the Gear S from AT&T have an Unlimited Data Plan? Any insight into how they will handle the plan for this watch when there is no Mobile Share Plan on the account? Thanks.

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
If you buy it for 299 off contract from ATT, is it SIM lock free, or do you still have to pay to get it unlocked from ATT?
I called T-mo, and theirs come locked even if paid full price. I was told I can call to get it unlocked for free after purchase.

muadib279

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
If you buy it for 299 off contract from ATT, is it SIM lock free, or do you still have to pay to get it unlocked from ATT?
I called T-mo, and theirs come locked even if paid full price. I was told I can call to get it unlocked for free after purchase.
I was told that you can get it unlocked after 60 days, at the at&t store yesterday.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
WHAT THE HELL!!! Why is Verizon charging $349 on contract and $399 off contract when AT&T is only charging 199 on contract and 299 without? why is verizon so admn expensive. i want to buy this off contract but not for 400!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $299 is perfect. so now do i have to buy one from t-mobile or att and have a seperate month to month plan which in the end will cost me more thant he $5 a month i will pay from verizon. WTF verizon. do you really not want to sell this watch.

#1, because they can.
#2, different carrier variants contain different cell radio (there are different model #s for each carrier). AT&T is the cheapest because it only needs to support 850/1900 GSM bands. T-Mobile needs to add AWS band support. Both Sprint and Verizon need CDMA radio in order to work on their CDMA network (they don't have GSM networks).

So, if you buy the wrong carrier model, you may risk never get phone/data service from your carrier.

xendula

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
[removed first question - Note2 is listed as compatible]

Something else I can't find is a link to the Tizen app store. I am trying to find out if there is an Audible and Overdrive app, since I like to listen to audiobooks when I go running. I google searched myself stupid and am no closer to an answer, so hope you can point me in the right direction.

Foxbat, I had not even considered the difference in GSM bands. Would you suggest buying the T-mo version if I want to use it with T-mo for now, but switch to ATT/H2O/Cricket later?

Thanks!

Last edited: