Unless if I am mistaken, there is a separate and unique number with the watch. When that new number is displayed on outgoing texts and calls, would you let your friends and others know of your new number or would you rather them use your smartphone number to contact you?
    11-07-2014 01:52 PM
    When in standalone I have to let em know it's me. My wife didn't even know who this was till I told her. That's what alerted me that a different number was being displayed.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    11-07-2014 01:54 PM
    Unless if I am mistaken, there is a separate and unique number with the watch. When that new number is displayed on outgoing texts and calls, would you let your friends and others know of your new number or would you rather them use your smartphone number to contact you?
    When connected to your device (either via Bluetooth or remotely), you can choose in your Gear S settings menu which number you want to have come up (mobile one or gear s one) when you call or text someone.

When using as a standalone (ex. Your phone is off) however, then the Gear S number will appear to someone.
    Sammuel1973 likes this.
    11-08-2014 08:30 AM
    When connected to your device (either via Bluetooth or remotely), you can choose in your Gear S settings menu which number you want to have come up (mobile one or gear s one) when you call or text someone.

When using as a standalone (ex. Your phone is off) however, then the Gear S number will appear to someone.
    Thanks, like Aitt said. So I guess I would have to let friends know of the new number so they know those standalone calls are from me, one in the same person.
    11-08-2014 08:38 AM