Have an old school unlimited Verizon plan? No Gear S for you.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Were you able to get it at the $299 price match of ATT... or did you pay above retail for the Verizon privledge?

i called vzw to try to get the price match, they said they can do it but only if i go into verizon store. so i'll be doing that and see what happens....they can give me a credit or i'll just return and head down the road to att.

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I'm on the phone with Verizon now. Gonna get it for $349. They said that's the best they could do.
in the store they wouldn't do any kind of discount unless i did a 2 year contract.

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Well that was a waste of 30 minutes. Sales said I could get it for $349 but couldn't sell it to me outright because it asked to activate a new line. They said customer service could sell it outright so they transferred me. Costumer service said they could not price match at all and I should try in the store.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Well that was a waste of 30 minutes. Sales said I could get it for $349 but couldn't sell it to me outright because it asked to activate a new line. They said customer service could sell it outright so they transferred me. Costumer service said they could not price match at all and I should try in the store.

i was told on the phone i could get a price matched rebate but had to go into the store in person with my receipt. i went in yesterday and told them what the rep said on the phone and they didn't even blink about price matching. i had the att website with $299 price on my phone and the only problem they had was that they couldn't find the gear s on the verizon website :) they finally just went ahead and credited my account!!

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
i walked into the same verizon saturday and told them flat out that i had a grandfathered unlimited plan and just wanted the watch but not activate it. they literally had no problem with that at all. they were like, ok whatever.

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
i walked into the same verizon saturday and told them flat out that i had a grandfathered unlimited plan and just wanted the watch but not activate it. they literally had no problem with that at all. they were like, ok whatever.

You gonna just use it as a companion device?

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

Yeah the second time I went in they said they would sell it to me outright, but not for less than $399.

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
yeah, figured if i want to add it to a different account later i can as long as i have the verizon model...

As far as I'm concern, even as a companion device, the S blows all the Android wear and Pebbles out of the water. Making calls on the S is so cool and people kinda give me a weird look, lol. It works great alone or with a phone. I wasn't so sure when I first bought it, now I'm glad I bought it.

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
i was told on the phone i could get a price matched rebate but had to go into the store in person with my receipt. i went in yesterday and told them what the rep said on the phone and they didn't even blink about price matching. i had the att website with $299 price on my phone and the only problem they had was that they couldn't find the gear s on the verizon website :) they finally just went ahead and credited my account!!
So you paid the $399 for it and later went back to get a $100 credit added to your account? Maybe I should just buy it and try to do that.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
So you paid the $399 for it and later went back to get a $100 credit added to your account? Maybe I should just buy it and try to do that.

yes, that's what i did...literally walked into verizon and started my spiel about calling a rep and they were like no problem...

rogers317

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
This is my deal..I have unlimited Verizon Note 3 ..Of course no Gear S on mine to not screw up my plan..I have a sub account with S5 share data ..my mom in law phone ..I was told by rep that if I add watch to that account I can only use with her phone not my note 3..? So I must buy from a different carrier??

MetalMulisha87

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I was at best buy and for 30 min they said they would not sell me an at&t gear s unless I paid for a plan. I told them I won't buy it unless I can just buy it outright and they kept saying no so I left. Was thinking of just going to Verizon and trying to buy it outright and was not sure if I could. Might try the buying it for my dad trick lol so you can make calls and receive txts on it as long as you sync it to your phone right?

MetalMulisha87

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I just spent 2 hours in a Verizon store and they could not figure out how to see me the phone outright because I have unlimited. I even spoke to customer service and they could not figure it out. How are you guys getting these phones at Verizon and at&t? I just went to best buy to get an at&t gear s and they said no because I don't have their service....

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
I just spent 2 hours in a Verizon store and they could not figure out how to see me the phone outright because I have unlimited. I even spoke to customer service and they could not figure it out. How are you guys getting these phones at Verizon and at&t? I just went to best buy to get an at&t gear s and they said no because I don't have their service....

I had to open an extra line, a new one by itself, couldn't add to my existing because of my unlimited. So instead of $10, I'd have to pay $30 a month. Or they can sell it to you like a companion, there are people that only want to use it for Bluetooth like they do with the Gear and Gear 2, the phone is a bonus, if you want to use it later down the line then you go on a month to month plan so you're not stuck on contract.

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

it was a pain as the verizon store i went into also was clueless how to ring it up, but one associate seemed to be able to figure it out, like selling a tablet without a data plan....i just stood quietly and let them jump through hoops to figure it out....you can buy it online without adding i line, right?

rogers317

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi I got my gear s 3 days ago..OK this is what I had to do on unlimited ..I have a sub account my mother in law uses..I put it on her account and pay the 5 a month and get all the functionality of the watch I get call forwarding , text message and email when I leave my phone behind ..I got it at vzw..I do have a contract but it's 349..and 5 a month. .I don't mind I like this watch

Posted via the Android Central App

jofo831

Dec 4, 2016
Visit site
NEVER EVER SWAP OUT YOUR unlimited for ANYTHING

NEVER!!!
A better idea is to see how much you can SELL your "MONTH TO MONTH FOREVER$$$****VERIZON******$$$ UNLIMITED" contract.

verizon will facilitate the "assumption" of the contract

Because you can do that.
and thats money.
have a nice day

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams