What would make it better?

ougum1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
I'm really enjoying my Gear S. It'll do almost everything that I need a smart watch to do. Well worth the wait. If you could add any hardware or software feature to your Gear S, what would it be? For me, I wish Samsung would have added a camera. I used the one on my Gear2 quite a bit for quick shots. How about you guys? What would you add?

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Oh. I forgot. I'd also like a notification blinking light like the one on my S5
Yessss! I was just thinking it needs a notification light and for S Voice to work when screen is off. I like it better than Google Now for many things except it doesn't translate what I say as quickly. This might be the first watch I could keep for a while.

From my smokin' hot Note 4

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It would be nice that the watch can work without a Samsung phone. Right now, most of its features are tethered to the Samsung Gear Manager which only works with Samsung phone (I know there are hacks out there but not fully working).

Having owned every generations of Galaxy S until S3, I will never buy another Samsung phone.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
It would be nice that the watch can work without a Samsung phone. Right now, most of its features are tethered to the Samsung Gear Manager which only works with Samsung phone (I know there are hacks out there but not fully working).

Having owned every generations of Galaxy S until S3, I will never buy another Samsung phone.
You should try the Note 4.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Honestly, I like the way it is. No camera. It's the reason I never cared for the Gear 1 & 2. SD card would had been nice for added music storage. But on honesty I can say I would want more. I think a notification light would be intrusive. I like the discreet black look when it's off. Samsung really hit this one put the park. Best smart watch on the market IMO.

Posted via the Android Central App

ougum1

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site
Honestly, I like the way it is. No camera. It's the reason I never cared for the Gear 1 & 2. SD card would had been nice for added music storage. But on honesty I can say I would want more. I think a notification light would be intrusive. I like the discreet black look when it's off. Samsung really hit this one put the park. Best smart watch on the market IMO.

The reason I'd like a notification light is because I'm a machinist. I work around loud machines all day. The Gear S vibration is way stronger than the one on my gear 2, but It would help if I had a blinking notification light for the times I don't feel the vibration of the watch because of the vibration of the machines.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I agree. And after I get a notification I immediately try to turn the screen on by pressing the home button. Sometimes I have to press it a few times for it to work.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I wished it had NFC for future proof. Would be nice to have Android and Tizen play nice to get Google Wallet or even Softcard for that matter in here. One plus that SW3 has.

Dante314

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I wished it had NFC for future proof. Would be nice to have Android and Tizen play nice to get Google Wallet or even Softcard for that matter in here. One plus that SW3 has.

The next version I believe will have that and definitely a bigger battery, possibly a bigger screen, time will tell.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
The next version I believe will have that and definitely a bigger battery, possibly a bigger screen, time will tell.

Not sure I want a bigger screen. This is plenty and ideal for my preference

doggie

May 23, 2011
Visit site
1. Reminders (tasks) work with S-Voice (or in some other way)
2. You can set a calendar appt. with S-Voice.

Does anyone thing Samsung will add that capability?

Dante314

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
Not sure I want a bigger screen. This is plenty and ideal for my preference

I can't remember where I read the article but I remember it saying they were testing a bigger screen Gear watch. I believe it was 2.4 inches. Wearables are getting bigger just like cell phones.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
1. Reminders (tasks) work with S-Voice (or in some other way)
2. You can set a calendar appt. with S-Voice.

Does anyone thing Samsung will add that capability?

I'm confused as to why this doesn't work on the back end of S voice. Especially if it's connected to the phone. My only thought is because the watch doesn't have a native calendar app.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I can't remember where I read the article but I remember it saying they were testing a bigger screen Gear watch. I believe it was 2.4 inches. Wearables are getting bigger just like cell phones.

As long as it curves they might get away with it. I cannot see myself using my 360 anytime soon. I really live this watch.

Dante314

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
As long as it curves they might get away with it. I cannot see myself using my 360 anytime soon. I really live this watch.

I bought my lady a Motto 360 but I can't get with android wear yet. They are to far behind Tizen. I'm still rocking my Gear 2 but my S is scheduled for delivery tomorrow, can't wait. If and when I can do What I can on my Tizen platform I'll give wear a second look. I've played around with it and worn the 360 but it just feels watered down in comparison to my Gear, not to mention even after the update my Gear 2 completely outlast her 360 (Battery Life)

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I bought my lady a Motto 360 but I can't get with android wear yet. They are to far behind Tizen. I'm still rocking my Gear 2 but my S is scheduled for delivery tomorrow, can't wait. If and when I can do What I can on my Tizen platform I'll give wear a second look. I've played around with it and worn the 360 but it just feels watered down in comparison to my Gear, not to mention even after the update my Gear 2 completely outlast her 360 (Battery Life)

I agree. I had the 360 and knew within hours that I did not want it anymore. I like what's on my wrist now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888