Email on device

nickb411

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I got my Gear S from Verizon...and one of the things i noticed quickly is the lack of ability to compose new emails or reply to emails. I can read then, but that's it. Am I missing something? Reviews and site says you can reply to emails.

Nick

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
As long as you're using the default mail client you can.

Posted via the Android Central App

Chris Oden

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

I got my Gear S from Verizon...and one of the things i noticed quickly is the lack of ability to compose new emails or reply to emails. I can read then, but that's it. Am I missing something? Reviews and site says you can reply to emails.

Nick

Yes, you are missing something. To compose one, open the email application and pull the list down, the Compose button will be at the top of the list. To reply to one, open it, then click the three dots in the top right of the screen. That will give you a list up reply, forward, etc.

myisf08

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Hmm...the only options I have when I click the dots are show on the device and delete. Also, no compose option. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

karsdroid

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Hmm...the only options I have when I click the dots are show on the device and delete. Also, no compose option. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

i'm in the same boat...neither gmail or email allow for composing emails or replying ..... i am using my gear bluetoothed to phone not as a stand alone. maybe that makes the difference.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
It relies on the email app on the phone for reply or compose. On my GS3, I don't have compose button but I can reply. Can't do anything to Gmail.

daniel121487

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
As long as you're using the default mail client you can.

Posted via the Android Central App

Hi, Im using a Samsung Galaxy S4 with the Gear S. As long as both are connected by bluetooth I do receive emails on the Gear S :'(. When I disconnect bluetooth the Gear S does not get any new emails. Instead it asks me to reconnect to the phone in order to receive new emails. What do I do wrong or is receiving emails only possible with the phone connected (I have both Wireless and mobile connection set up at the Gear S)

Thanks for your help :)
Daniel

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
The Gear S by itself is pretty dumb. It can't receive anything other than what your phone sends you. So, in order receive emails, you need to make sure you connected to the phone remotely either via wifi or mobile data. But right now, there is a bug on Gear S that if you leave wifi on, it most likely will fail to connect remotely to the phone unless both are on the same wifi network. So, turn the wifi off on your Gear S and it should connect remotely via mobile data connection to your phone.

daniel121487

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi Foxbat, that was helpful :) It works if wireless and bluetooth are disabled and mobile data is on (although it takes quite some minutes...) Anyway, it works! Maybe you can also help me on the second question: If I follow the discussion in this post it seems that it depends on the type of phone if I can reply on emails on the Gear S or not. And what is meant by native email client. I use an MS exchange email account.

Kind regards,
Daniel

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay