In my Gear S Contacts, how do I remove old contacts?

pughde

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Gear S Contacts cannot find a way to remove old contacts

Somehow I sync’d my AT&T Gear S with a set of google contacts that contained many old unused contacts. I cleaned up my contacts using G mail PC, sync’d with phone ok (with difficulty need to permit KitKat to write to S card), but the old ones remained on the Watch. I reset the Gear S and resyn’d and still got my old contacts. Anyone have any suggestions or comments?

I got my watch for $199 but it was bundled with 2 new phones, tablet and two 2 year contracts. The manager of the AT&T store had to OK the prices.

67srbell

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Gear S Contacts cannot find a way to remove old contacts

Somehow I sync’d my AT&T Gear S with a set of google contacts that contained many old unused contacts. I cleaned up my contacts using G mail PC, sync’d with phone ok (with difficulty need to permit KitKat to write to S card), but the old ones remained on the Watch. I reset the Gear S and resyn’d and still got my old contacts. Anyone have any suggestions or comments?

I got my watch for $199 but it was bundled with 2 new phones, tablet and two 2 year contracts. The manager of the AT&T store had to OK the prices.

Have the same issue. Haven't figured How to fix yet?

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Yeah my work contact are listed and do not what them. There's no option to select which contacts you want to see.

Posted via the Android Central App

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

I am having the same issue and was going to reset the watch but now that I have read that didn't work, I am at a loss.

daddyd302

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

At first when I synced my Google account with the S, it added a few people I didn't wanted added. These were apps developers that I emailed about some bugs. For whatever reason, Google decided to add them to my account. I had to go delete them off my Google account.

Now my S only contains the contacts I want. By that I mean the contacts that are on my S are the same as on my Note 4. I just pretty much transfer my contacts from my Note 4 over to the S.

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

I had a lot of contacts that I didn't even realize that I had. For example, had about 20 contacts from people that I had contacted via craigslist. When I chose all of the ones that I wanted to delete, I got a message afterwards stating that I had to many deletions for Google to sync. I had the choice to revert back so I did. I then went to my Google Contacts on the PC deleted all of them there and my phone synced fine and now I only have the contacts that I want. The S isn't seeing the change though.
What's strange is on some of the other contacts, I took off the last names and the S sees the name change but not taking off the deleted contacts.

Floridadomer

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

Found this on XDA- and it worked!!!

type in the identified unwanted name that is popping up on the Gear S contact list into the Phones contact search bar. Press and hold down on any contact. At this point the contact list switches over to another screen. Type in the unwanted contact. (The contact is hidden otherwise unless it is done this way.) Simply check and delete the contact from your phone. It will immediately be deleted from the Gear S. Kudos!

Dainerific

Nov 26, 2014
Visit site
Go into your contacts and select the group icon, there it should say "Not Assigned" then you can delete them. Resolved the issue for me. Let me know if this helps fellas!

Kalsivaz

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue.
Go to Gmail on your PC.
Select "contacts".
Scroll down and click on "other contacts".
Select which contacts you want to delete and delete.
Then restart your Gear S and that should take care of the issue.

Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech