Issue with exchange email account

gearshead

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm the only one with this issue? I'm absolutely loving this watch but this could be a deal breaker. Having to go to my phone or PC to see work email is killing me.

gearshead

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I use my hotmail and the stock mail app on my Note 4 and have no issues.

Thank you for replying! My GMail account is working fine, it's just my work exchange email that gives the security message. The guys here with android wear watches can see the email so I don't think it's a specific corporate thing, although it does require a PIN on the phone. I'm going to see if I can find someone in the office with a samsung phone who is using android wear to see if they are using something other than the stock email application.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Same. I have my Hotmail and work email both setup as exchange email. Hotmail works. Work email doesn't. It is due to security policy but Samsung could have done a better job about it, i.e. if I have setup PIN on the watch, let me view the emails.

A lot of the features are still not working correctly. Samsung needs to work hard on it. For example, why do I have to manually delete all the emails on the watch if I already read them on the phone or watch. Can't they simply sync and auto remove them from the watch?

gearshead

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I have a workaround after messing with this all day.

You can use an email client called Nine and get notifications. You still can't respond or compose new emails, but that's not a big deal for me.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Same. I have my Hotmail and work email both setup as exchange email. Hotmail works. Work email doesn't. It is due to security policy but Samsung could have done a better job about it, i.e. if I have setup PIN on the watch, let me view the emails.

A lot of the features are still not working correctly. Samsung needs to work hard on it. For example, why do I have to manually delete all the emails on the watch if I already read them on the phone or watch. Can't they simply sync and auto remove them from the watch?

Are referring to Dismiss All? I think my Toq did that when things were read on the phone.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Regardless if you dismissed it or not, those emails are still in email app on the watch. I don't think they ever disappear until you manually deleted them (from the watch) which doesn't delete them from your mail account or phone.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
You don't. It is setup on your phone. The watch will receive notifications just like any other app notifications. You can't interact with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol